Re: [jacksongenealogy] William Grant,lin and Rachel Fanning Green

  • wjmoon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
      Frances, I was interested in the fact that you said they were born on The
      Treece Farm in Jackson Co. My Mother's family was Treeces and they came from
      Jackson Co, Al. Do you have anymore information on These Treeces or where
      this is located?
      Thank YOU
      Wyona Moon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2003
        Wyona, I'm sorry I misspelled the name Treece, it should have been Trice.
        You see in My Uncle John Felix birth records, it said he was born at Trice,
        there was no town by the name of Trice, I researched this and researched.
        Post Office records, a Book on dead towns in Al.. then one day I was
        researching Jackson Co. Land Records and there was my Trice, Township 2
        South and Range 4 East and Section 9. William J. Trice. On the 1880
        Jackson Co. Census My Grandfather David Henry Landess and Family were
        listed in Vol.2, Beat 19 , James Trice could be found in same Vol. and Beat
        18. Uncle John Felix Landess was 6 mo. old. I have seen in records the name
        Treece, could they have been spelled Trice, also. My name Landess was
        spelled so many different ways. Back then the Birthplace was often listed
        with the Family they might be working for. Have you done research in the
        Jackson Co. Land Records? Hope you find your Family. Frances----- Original
        Message -----
        > Frances, I was interested in the fact that you said they were born on The
        > Treece Farm in Jackson Co. My Mother's family was Treeces and they came
        from
        > Jackson Co, Al. Do you have anymore information on These Treeces or where
        > this is located?
        > Thank YOU
        > Wyona Moon

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • wjmoon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2003
          Frances, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have been researching the Jackson Co
          Records for many years. My Treeces sometimes spelled Trice but I find that
          most of the Trices come from Clinton Trice family from Tn.
          Some of my Treeces were there also but hard to find a connection.
          Thanks
          Wyona

        • poohthatswho66@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2003