William Grant,lin and Rachel Fanning Green

  • f1931me <frances1@tds.net>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
      Was happy over the response to my query but done of the people that
      were mention except the Hills, Fanning, Landess, Grahams were really
      familair to me. Jewel, of course you and I are trying to find the
      same answers. Everyone was wondering why a lot of the people left
      Al., The story that I was told that it was because of the Boll
      Weevils that had destroyed the crops. David Henry Landess (who was
      the son of Joseph Thompson and Amarilda Howell Landess)and Nancy Jane
      Green Landess(daughter of William and Rachel Green) moved to Travis
      Co., Tx sometime between 1879, when my Uncle John Felix Landess was
      born on the Treece farm in Jackson Co., Al and 1882 when my father,
      William Henry(Saint) Landess was born in Austin, Tx., Travis Co.
      David's brother Richard Landess had gone to Tx. and was on the 1880
      census in Waxachie, Ellis Co. Tx. He came back to Jackson Co. in 1887
      and married Richard Arnold Green's(Richard and William Grantlin are
      brothers)daughter, Martha Evaline Green. Richard Landess' brother,
      Charles Stuart Landess had already married Martha Evaline Green's
      sister Ella Elizabeth Green in 1879. They left Jackson Co. Al.
      together by way of Mo. to Tx. and settled in Haskell Co. Tx. More
      about the Landesses later. Frances Landess (Sadler)
    • wjmoon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
        Frances, I was interested in the fact that you said they were born on The
        Treece Farm in Jackson Co. My Mother's family was Treeces and they came from
        Jackson Co, Al. Do you have anymore information on These Treeces or where
        this is located?
        Thank YOU
        Wyona Moon
        > Was happy over the response to my query but done of the people that
        > were mention except the Hills, Fanning, Landess, Grahams were really
        > familair to me. Jewel, of course you and I are trying to find the
        > same answers. Everyone was wondering why a lot of the people left
        > Al., The story that I was told that it was because of the Boll
        > Weevils that had destroyed the crops. David Henry Landess (who was
        > the son of Joseph Thompson and Amarilda Howell Landess)and Nancy Jane
        > Green Landess(daughter of William and Rachel Green) moved to Travis
        > Co., Tx sometime between 1879, when my Uncle John Felix Landess was
        > born on the Treece farm in Jackson Co., Al and 1882 when my father,
        > William Henry(Saint) Landess was born in Austin, Tx., Travis Co.
        > David's brother Richard Landess had gone to Tx. and was on the 1880
        > census in Waxachie, Ellis Co. Tx. He came back to Jackson Co. in 1887
        > and married Richard Arnold Green's(Richard and William Grantlin are
        > brothers)daughter, Martha Evaline Green. Richard Landess' brother,
        > Charles Stuart Landess had already married Martha Evaline Green's
        > sister Ella Elizabeth Green in 1879. They left Jackson Co. Al.
        > together by way of Mo. to Tx. and settled in Haskell Co. Tx. More
        > about the Landesses later. Frances Landess (Sadler)

      • frances sadler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2003
          Wyona, I'm sorry I misspelled the name Treece, it should have been Trice.
          You see in My Uncle John Felix birth records, it said he was born at Trice,
          there was no town by the name of Trice, I researched this and researched.
          Post Office records, a Book on dead towns in Al.. then one day I was
          researching Jackson Co. Land Records and there was my Trice, Township 2
          South and Range 4 East and Section 9. William J. Trice. On the 1880
          Jackson Co. Census My Grandfather David Henry Landess and Family were
          listed in Vol.2, Beat 19 , James Trice could be found in same Vol. and Beat
          18. Uncle John Felix Landess was 6 mo. old. I have seen in records the name
          Treece, could they have been spelled Trice, also. My name Landess was
          spelled so many different ways. Back then the Birthplace was often listed
          with the Family they might be working for. Have you done research in the
          Jackson Co. Land Records? Hope you find your Family. Frances----- Original
          Message -----
          > Frances, I was interested in the fact that you said they were born on The
          > Treece Farm in Jackson Co. My Mother's family was Treeces and they came
          from
          > Jackson Co, Al. Do you have anymore information on These Treeces or where
          > this is located?
          > Thank YOU
          > Wyona Moon

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • wjmoon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2003
            Frances, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have been researching the Jackson Co
            Records for many years. My Treeces sometimes spelled Trice but I find that
            most of the Trices come from Clinton Trice family from Tn.
            Some of my Treeces were there also but hard to find a connection.
            Thanks
            Wyona

          • poohthatswho66@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2003