Re: [jacksongenealogy] Migrations to TX

  • Jeanette
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 14, 2003
      A branch of my Henson family went to Rusk Co., TX. also, and in the Georgia
      Archives there is a large file of Henson letters that were written to the
      folks in Tx from Ga. and the folks in Tx to the folks they left behind in
      Ga. Very interesting.....the ones in Ga. were always sending peach trees
      and apple trees (starts) to the ones in TX. And so it goes....its neat
      when you can find where they migrated to from the older areas. Jeanette.

    • Jeanette
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 14, 2003
        They could afford more land and larger farms in Tx. for one thing. Old
        timers started feeling crowded in the earlier states, like Ga. and Va. and
        even Tn. Jeanette.

      • rlmw63@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 14, 2003
          My ancestors from Jackson Co. Al migrated to Texsas in the early 1900. Does
          anyone have information on Dolberry's from Jackson Co. Al. My gggrandfather
          Absalom James Dolberry settled in Eastland Co. Tx.

          Rhonda