Re: Migration to Texas

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2003
      Rayedene,
      I don't know, but I kinda' agree with whoever it was who pointed out how far
      it is from Rusk Co. to the panhandle. Actually, mine went to the Lubbock and
      Amarillo area. That was quite a distance in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
      Never the less, all of those things enter in - the "wearing out" of the
      farming land, land being "given away" in other places, the railroad, other
      family members going on ahead, etc.
      It is very interesting, to say the least.
      Velma