Re: William and Rachel GREEN

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2003
      Frances,
      The GRAHAMS who left Jackson Co. in the mid 1800s took quite a few people
      with them. They wound up in Rusk Co., Tx. I think. They intermarried with
      LANDESSES and FANNINGS, and, I believe, with HOWELLS too. Of course, they
      could have all scattered since then. Good luck!
      Velma

    • Vicki L. Hill
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2003
        >Frances,
        >The GRAHAMS who left Jackson Co. in the mid 1800s took quite a few people
        >with them. They wound up in Rusk Co., Tx. I think. They intermarried with
        >LANDESSES and FANNINGS, and, I believe, with HOWELLS too. Of course, they
        >could have all scattered since then. Good luck!
        >Velma

        I'd be interested to know which families - which individuals - ended up in
        Rusk Co. TX. My g-grandparents, John Anderson Hill and wife Rebecca Jane
        Vandiver from the Paint Rock Valley of Jackson Co. AL, first moved to
        Denton Co., TX, then to Clark Co., AR, and finally Rusk Co., TX in the
        1880's. I've never figured out why they landed in Rusk County- I haven't
        run across any of the Hill's or Vandiver's or Hall's (Rebecca's mother was
        Permelia Hall) in that county. My grandfather and father were then born in
        Rusk Co., TX. There must have been relatives or friends there (as there
        were in Denton Co. and Clark Co.)

        Vicki Hill
        TX
      • Bill Bullard
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2003
          Vicki,
          My greatgrandmother Etha Malinda Garland came to Wood Co, Texas in the
          1880's with two of her daughters and their families. G. Harrison Chapman and
          wife Charlotte Morgan Garland, they had two sons and a daughter (my
          grandmother, Mollie); J. Taylor Chapman and wife Amy Garland. I am not sure
          how many of their children came with them. Harrison and Charlotte's youngest
          son was born in Texas in 1889. Almost all of them are buried in Golden
          Cemetery, Golden, Wood Co, Texas.

          I have also been told that they traveled with the Lee and Vandiver families.
          My understanding is that there is some relationship between the families but
          I do not know the exact connection.

          Bill Bullard
          Canyon, Texas
          >The GRAHAMS who left Jackson Co. in the mid 1800s took quite a few people
          >with them. They wound up in Rusk Co., Tx. I think. They intermarried
          with
          >LANDESSES and FANNINGS, and, I believe, with HOWELLS too. Of course,
          they
          >could have all scattered since then. Good luck!
          >Velma

          I'd be interested to know which families - which individuals - ended up in
          Rusk Co. TX. My g-grandparents, John Anderson Hill and wife Rebecca Jane
          Vandiver from the Paint Rock Valley of Jackson Co. AL, first moved to
          Denton Co., TX, then to Clark Co., AR, and finally Rusk Co., TX in the
          1880's. I've never figured out why they landed in Rusk County- I haven't
          run across any of the Hill's or Vandiver's or Hall's (Rebecca's mother was
          Permelia Hall) in that county. My grandfather and father were then born in
          Rusk Co., TX. There must have been relatives or friends there (as there
          were in Denton Co. and Clark Co.)

          Vicki Hill
          TX

        • Jewel Casey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2003
            Hi, I'm also interested in the Grahams that left Jackson County, AL and
            ended up in Texas about 1850. Rev. Jesse Graham and wife Martha (Fanning)
            Graham along with their families probably traveled together. I need info on
            these families for Volume II of "And Then Along Came The Fannings" that I
            hope to finish by April or May this year. I have some info, but a lot of
            blanks can still be filled out by some of you, the researchers of theses
            families.

            Also the Green and Landess families are included along with anyone related
            to the Fanning families.

            Thanks a million, waiting to hear from all of you.
            Jewel