RE: [jacksongenealogy] Luticia Hill m. Richard Anderson Fanning of Paint Rock Valley

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
      There is information on the HILL/FANNING families in The Heritage of Jackson
      County. I know that you can view this book at Madiosn County Library and
      Scottsboro Library. They may still have a few for sale in Scottsboro.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
        OK, I read this message several days ago but had to get some info together.
        Look at this and see what else we can put together on this family.

        Richard Anderson Fanning
        Son of James Wilson and Mary Ann (Green) Fanning
        Born Sept. 2, 1872 Jackson County, AL; died Oct. 19, 1972 in Colorado
        Springs, Colorado; married Ticie Louticia Hill Nov. 21, 1890 Franklin
        County, TN. She was born Sept. 22, 1870 TN; died Jan. 17, 1965 in Grand
        Prairie, TX. She was a daughter of Asa and Elizabeth Jane (Cagle) Hill.

        Asa Hill married Elizabeth Jane Cagle August 15, 1860 Warren County, TN.

        Bethel Cemetery Jackson County, Al-Putman Mountain-Paint Rock Valley
        Pioneers by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
        Katherine Stovall Shaver

        *Elizabeth J., wife of Asa Hill
        Born March 2, 1836
        Died Jan. 17, 1907
        "She was an affectionate wife, a loving mother and a true Christian. She is
        not dead, but sleepeth."

        Beech Grove Cemetery-Francisco Community

        James G. Hill, son of Asa and E.J. Hill
        Born and died June 20, 1874

        1880 Lincoln County, TN Dist. #24 page 26
        Asa Hill 44 TN VA VA
        E.J. 43 TN TN TN
        Sarah L. 16 TN
        Mary S. 14 TN
        Melchsedek 12 TN
        Luticia 8 TN
        Elizabeth 4 TN
        Annie E. 3 TN
        Eliza Jane 8/12 TN

        Asa and Elizabeth Jane (Cagle) Hill moved from Warren County, TN and into
        Jackson County, AL by 1874, then to Lincoln County, TN 1880, back to Jackson
        County, AL by 1907 when Elizabeth died. Any ideas or other info????

        Thanks a million
        Jewel

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
          Went to the Willingham address below and found very little on anyone.