Luticia Hill m. Richard Anderson Fanning of Paint Rock Valley

  • robleefan <robinlf@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
      Looking for ggmother Luticia Hill b. abt 1872 in/near Jackson Co. AL
      d. 1963 Dallas Ft Worth area of TX, buried in Arlington, Tarrant Co.,
      TX. She m. Richard Anderson Fanning b. 1872 in Jacksonn Co. AL to
      James Wilson Fanning and Marion Green. James W. Fanning is buried in
      Beechgrove Cemetery. Richard & Luticia's children were Doc Boyd
      Fanning m. Etta May Swaim, Betty Louida Fanning m. Earl Strahan, Mary
      Ann Fanning m. Earnest Irving Hill, Minnie Etta m. Bert Cochran, Eva
      Jane m. James Owen Swaim, Robert Enoch m. Clara Alice Tomlin, Eli
      Whitman m. Myrtle Clarice Tomlin, Carrie d. 7mo's, and Lev Irving m.
      Bernice Willis. Richard & Luticia moved to CO Springs in 1918 where
      Richard died and is buried. Luticia then m. Walter Beagle either in
      CO and moved to TX or when she got back to TX. They ran a little
      store on the shores of Mountain Creek Lake in Dallas where there is
      rumored to be a pic of them posing with Bonnie and Clyde who shopped
      there occasionally. Luticia and Walter Beagle are buried in Arlington
      (TX) Cemetery in unmarked graves with some of my Swaim relatives.
      Anything or anyone sound familiar to anyone? Happy to swap info on
      any of these or other Paint Rock Valley AL migrants to DFW area.
    • Regina Pipes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
        I know that Dorothea GRIDER that lives in Scottsboro was a FANNING. I think
        her family lived in New Market, Madison County, Alabama. She was doing some
        research on her family. I don't think she has a computer. Her son is Judge
        Ralph GRIDER in Scottsboro. Someone may know how you can contact her
        through him.
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Vicki L. Hill
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
          I haven't run across the name Luticia Hill, although no doubt she is
          somehow connected to my Hill's from the Paint Rock Valley, Jackson Co., AL
          in the 1800's. I trace back to Absolam William Hill. b. 1818 TN and wife
          Caroline. They moved to Jackson Co, AL about 1845. Male children were
          George Washington Hill, b. 1843, md. Frances Gattis in 1862; William L.
          Hill, b. 1850, md. Adie "Allis" Harris in 1880, Benjamin Hill, b. 1852,
          John Anderson Hill b. 1854 (my line - your Luticia is not among his
          children), and A. Wallace Hill, b. 1859. Most likely your Luticia is
          daughter of one of these males.

          John Anderson Hill and his wife, Rebecca Jane Vandiver, moved to north
          Texas in 1877. They first went to Denton Co., TX, where several related
          Vandiver/Vandever family members had settled, as well as some Hall's from
          Jackson Co. (Rebecca's mother was Permelia Hall). They stayed in Denton Co.
          for 9 years, then moved to Clark Co., AR, and finally ended up in Rusk Co.,
          TX (where my grandfather, their youngest child, was born). So it certainly
          isn't surprising to me that your Hill also ended up in north Texas. I
          believe at least some of George Washington Hill's children also ended up in
          north Texas, but I don't have that in my master database (I'd have to go
          find the specific e-mails to confirm that).

          For some info on the Green, family, see the family tree that Freda
          Willingham has at Ancestry.com:

          http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:401273&id=I1395

          The woman you call Marion she has listed as Mary Ann Green, who married
          James W. Fanning in 1861

          Most of the descendants of John Anderson Hill are still in east Texas, but
          my line came to Dallas in 1919. I live in a Dallas suburb.

          Vicki Hill
        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2003
            There is information on the HILL/FANNING families in The Heritage of Jackson
            County. I know that you can view this book at Madiosn County Library and
            Scottsboro Library. They may still have a few for sale in Scottsboro.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
              OK, I read this message several days ago but had to get some info together.
              Look at this and see what else we can put together on this family.

              Richard Anderson Fanning
              Son of James Wilson and Mary Ann (Green) Fanning
              Born Sept. 2, 1872 Jackson County, AL; died Oct. 19, 1972 in Colorado
              Springs, Colorado; married Ticie Louticia Hill Nov. 21, 1890 Franklin
              County, TN. She was born Sept. 22, 1870 TN; died Jan. 17, 1965 in Grand
              Prairie, TX. She was a daughter of Asa and Elizabeth Jane (Cagle) Hill.

              Asa Hill married Elizabeth Jane Cagle August 15, 1860 Warren County, TN.

              Bethel Cemetery Jackson County, Al-Putman Mountain-Paint Rock Valley
              Pioneers by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rochelle and Addie
              Katherine Stovall Shaver

              *Elizabeth J., wife of Asa Hill
              Born March 2, 1836
              Died Jan. 17, 1907
              "She was an affectionate wife, a loving mother and a true Christian. She is
              not dead, but sleepeth."

              Beech Grove Cemetery-Francisco Community

              James G. Hill, son of Asa and E.J. Hill
              Born and died June 20, 1874

              1880 Lincoln County, TN Dist. #24 page 26
              Asa Hill 44 TN VA VA
              E.J. 43 TN TN TN
              Sarah L. 16 TN
              Mary S. 14 TN
              Melchsedek 12 TN
              Luticia 8 TN
              Elizabeth 4 TN
              Annie E. 3 TN
              Eliza Jane 8/12 TN

              Asa and Elizabeth Jane (Cagle) Hill moved from Warren County, TN and into
              Jackson County, AL by 1874, then to Lincoln County, TN 1880, back to Jackson
              County, AL by 1907 when Elizabeth died. Any ideas or other info????

              Thanks a million
              Jewel

              > I know that Dorothea GRIDER that lives in Scottsboro was a FANNING. I
              think
              > her family lived in New Market, Madison County, Alabama. She was doing
              some
              > research on her family. I don't think she has a computer. Her son is
              Judge
              > Ralph GRIDER in Scottsboro. Someone may know how you can contact her
              > through him.
              > Regina

            • Jewel Casey
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2003
                Went to the Willingham address below and found very little on anyone.