RE: [jacksongenealogy] Garland, Riley, Chapman, King

  • Bill Bullard
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
      Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather Joseph
      Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to Texas
      after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
      between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.

      Does any of this information look familiar?

      Bill

      bjbullard@...

      Descendants of John Andrew King

      1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10, 1937
      in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
      Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)

      .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in Jackson
      Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: January
      21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21, 2001)

      .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in Goodlett,
      Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
      (Located APR 21, 2001)

      ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery,
      Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)

      .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL

      ........ +Unknown Cox

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
        Do you have any more information on the Riley family in Jackson Co. AL and
        Tennessee?
        My great-great-grandfather was Joseph Garland, married Margaret (or Mary),
        who died in Jackson Co., AL 6 Sept 1861. He was born 1782 in NC.. Some
        think that maiden name of Margaret (or Mary) was Riley. Do you have any
        information on this?

        Ralph Jackson
        Mesa, AZ

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
          Ralph,

          It seems we have the same ancestors except he is my 3rd great grandfather. I
          do not know Margaret's maiden name though.

          They had a son, Joseph Jr., that married Eth Malinda ________ . Do you know
          her maiden name? I know that she is buried in Golden, Texas and according to
          the 1900 census her father was born in Ireland. I descended through their
          daughter Charlotte Morgan Garland that married Harrison Chapman and they had
          a daughter named Mollie that married William Richard Branum and their
          daughter Mattie Fay is my mother.

          I will be glad to share any of the information that I have.

          Bill Bullard
          Canyon, Texas

          > Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather
          Joseph
          > Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to
          Texas
          > after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
          > between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.
          >
          > Does any of this information look familiar?
          >
          > Bill
          >
          > bjbullard@...
          >
          > Descendants of John Andrew King
          >

          > 1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10,
          1937
          > in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
          > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)
          >
          > .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in
          Jackson
          > Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial:
          January
          > 21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21,
          2001)

          > .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in
          Goodlett,
          > Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
          > (Located APR 21, 2001)
          >
          > ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett
          Cemetery,
          > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)
          >
          > .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL
          >
          > ........ +Unknown Cox

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor