Re: [jacksongenealogy] Garland, Riley, Chapman, King

  • EMason2372@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
      My husbands Kings came from Warren/Grundy Co., TN area and settled on Bice
      (Coalmine) Mtn. Hambrick Sinks area. John Lyons King - his wife Sarah L.
      (Brown) is buried in Bethel Cemetery on Putman Mtn.
      Elizabeth Mason New Market, AL

    • Bill Bullard
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
        Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather Joseph
        Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to Texas
        after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
        between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.

        Does any of this information look familiar?

        Bill

        bjbullard@...

        Descendants of John Andrew King

        1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10, 1937
        in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
        Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)

        .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in Jackson
        Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: January
        21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21, 2001)

        .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in Goodlett,
        Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
        (Located APR 21, 2001)

        ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery,
        Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)

        .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL

        ........ +Unknown Cox

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
          Do you have any more information on the Riley family in Jackson Co. AL and
          Tennessee?
          My great-great-grandfather was Joseph Garland, married Margaret (or Mary),
          who died in Jackson Co., AL 6 Sept 1861. He was born 1782 in NC.. Some
          think that maiden name of Margaret (or Mary) was Riley. Do you have any
          information on this?

          Ralph Jackson
          Mesa, AZ

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
            Ralph,

            It seems we have the same ancestors except he is my 3rd great grandfather. I
            do not know Margaret's maiden name though.

            They had a son, Joseph Jr., that married Eth Malinda ________ . Do you know
            her maiden name? I know that she is buried in Golden, Texas and according to
            the 1900 census her father was born in Ireland. I descended through their
            daughter Charlotte Morgan Garland that married Harrison Chapman and they had
            a daughter named Mollie that married William Richard Branum and their
            daughter Mattie Fay is my mother.

            I will be glad to share any of the information that I have.

            Bill Bullard
            Canyon, Texas

            > Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather
            Joseph
            > Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to
            Texas
            > after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
            > between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.
            >
            > Does any of this information look familiar?
            >
            > Bill
            >
            > bjbullard@...
            >
            > Descendants of John Andrew King
            >

            > 1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10,
            1937
            > in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
            > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)
            >
            > .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in
            Jackson
            > Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial:
            January
            > 21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21,
            2001)

            > .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in
            Goodlett,
            > Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
            > (Located APR 21, 2001)
            >
            > ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett
            Cemetery,
            > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)
            >
            > .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL
            >
            > ........ +Unknown Cox

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor