Re: [jacksongenealogy] Garland, Riley, Chapman, King

  • Ralph Jackson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
      My great-grandmother was Charlotte Garland, daughter of Joseph and Margaret
      Riley Garland.
      I have quite a bit of information on the Joseph Garland family. Would like
      more on the family of Margaret Riley. Have nothing on the Chapman family.

      Ralph Jackson
      Mesa, AZ

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
        My husbands Kings came from Warren/Grundy Co., TN area and settled on Bice
        (Coalmine) Mtn. Hambrick Sinks area. John Lyons King - his wife Sarah L.
        (Brown) is buried in Bethel Cemetery on Putman Mtn.
        Elizabeth Mason New Market, AL

      • Bill Bullard
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
          Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather Joseph
          Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to Texas
          after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
          between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.

          Does any of this information look familiar?

          Bill

          bjbullard@...

          Descendants of John Andrew King

          1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10, 1937
          in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
          Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)

          .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in Jackson
          Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: January
          21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21, 2001)

          .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in Goodlett,
          Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
          (Located APR 21, 2001)

          ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery,
          Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)

          .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL

          ........ +Unknown Cox

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
            Do you have any more information on the Riley family in Jackson Co. AL and
            Tennessee?
            My great-great-grandfather was Joseph Garland, married Margaret (or Mary),
            who died in Jackson Co., AL 6 Sept 1861. He was born 1782 in NC.. Some
            think that maiden name of Margaret (or Mary) was Riley. Do you have any
            information on this?

            Ralph Jackson
            Mesa, AZ

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
              Ralph,

              It seems we have the same ancestors except he is my 3rd great grandfather. I
              do not know Margaret's maiden name though.

              They had a son, Joseph Jr., that married Eth Malinda ________ . Do you know
              her maiden name? I know that she is buried in Golden, Texas and according to
              the 1900 census her father was born in Ireland. I descended through their
              daughter Charlotte Morgan Garland that married Harrison Chapman and they had
              a daughter named Mollie that married William Richard Branum and their
              daughter Mattie Fay is my mother.

              I will be glad to share any of the information that I have.

              Bill Bullard
              Canyon, Texas

              > Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather
              Joseph
              > Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to
              Texas
              > after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
              > between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.
              >
              > Does any of this information look familiar?
              >
              > Bill
              >
              > bjbullard@...
              >
              > Descendants of John Andrew King
              >

              > 1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10,
              1937
              > in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
              > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)
              >
              > .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in
              Jackson
              > Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial:
              January
              > 21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21,
              2001)

              > .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in
              Goodlett,
              > Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
              > (Located APR 21, 2001)
              >
              > ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett
              Cemetery,
              > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)
              >
              > .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL
              >
              > ........ +Unknown Cox

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor