RE: [jacksongenealogy] Garland, Riley, Chapman, King

  • Randy Herbon
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
      I may have something on King. My King family was from NW Georgia, but
      they crossed over into AL and TN. Give me some first names on the
      Kings, and I'll check my database.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
        My great-grandmother was Charlotte Garland, daughter of Joseph and Margaret
        Riley Garland.
        I have quite a bit of information on the Joseph Garland family. Would like
        more on the family of Margaret Riley. Have nothing on the Chapman family.

        Ralph Jackson
        Mesa, AZ

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
          My husbands Kings came from Warren/Grundy Co., TN area and settled on Bice
          (Coalmine) Mtn. Hambrick Sinks area. John Lyons King - his wife Sarah L.
          (Brown) is buried in Bethel Cemetery on Putman Mtn.
          Elizabeth Mason New Market, AL

        • Bill Bullard
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
            Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather Joseph
            Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to Texas
            after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
            between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.

            Does any of this information look familiar?

            Bill

            bjbullard@...

            Descendants of John Andrew King

            1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10, 1937
            in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
            Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)

            .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in Jackson
            Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: January
            21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21, 2001)

            .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in Goodlett,
            Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
            (Located APR 21, 2001)

            ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery,
            Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)

            .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL

            ........ +Unknown Cox

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
              Do you have any more information on the Riley family in Jackson Co. AL and
              Tennessee?
              My great-great-grandfather was Joseph Garland, married Margaret (or Mary),
              who died in Jackson Co., AL 6 Sept 1861. He was born 1782 in NC.. Some
              think that maiden name of Margaret (or Mary) was Riley. Do you have any
              information on this?

              Ralph Jackson
              Mesa, AZ

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
                Ralph,

                It seems we have the same ancestors except he is my 3rd great grandfather. I
                do not know Margaret's maiden name though.

                They had a son, Joseph Jr., that married Eth Malinda ________ . Do you know
                her maiden name? I know that she is buried in Golden, Texas and according to
                the 1900 census her father was born in Ireland. I descended through their
                daughter Charlotte Morgan Garland that married Harrison Chapman and they had
                a daughter named Mollie that married William Richard Branum and their
                daughter Mattie Fay is my mother.

                I will be glad to share any of the information that I have.

                Bill Bullard
                Canyon, Texas

                > Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather
                Joseph
                > Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to
                Texas
                > after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
                > between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.
                >
                > Does any of this information look familiar?
                >
                > Bill
                >
                > bjbullard@...
                >
                > Descendants of John Andrew King
                >

                > 1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10,
                1937
                > in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
                > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)
                >
                > .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in
                Jackson
                > Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial:
                January
                > 21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21,
                2001)

                > .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in
                Goodlett,
                > Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
                > (Located APR 21, 2001)
                >
                > ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett
                Cemetery,
                > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)
                >
                > .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL
                >
                > ........ +Unknown Cox

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor