Garland, Riley, Chapman, King

  • Bill Bullard
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
      Is there anyone on this site that are researching or have any information on
      these Jackson Co. families?

      Bill Bullard

    • Randy Herbon
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
        I may have something on King. My King family was from NW Georgia, but
        they crossed over into AL and TN. Give me some first names on the
        Kings, and I'll check my database.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
          My great-grandmother was Charlotte Garland, daughter of Joseph and Margaret
          Riley Garland.
          I have quite a bit of information on the Joseph Garland family. Would like
          more on the family of Margaret Riley. Have nothing on the Chapman family.

          Ralph Jackson
          Mesa, AZ

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
            My husbands Kings came from Warren/Grundy Co., TN area and settled on Bice
            (Coalmine) Mtn. Hambrick Sinks area. John Lyons King - his wife Sarah L.
            (Brown) is buried in Bethel Cemetery on Putman Mtn.
            Elizabeth Mason New Market, AL

          • Bill Bullard
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
              Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather Joseph
              Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to Texas
              after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
              between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.

              Does any of this information look familiar?

              Bill

              bjbullard@...

              Descendants of John Andrew King

              1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10, 1937
              in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
              Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)

              .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in Jackson
              Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: January
              21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21, 2001)

              .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in Goodlett,
              Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
              (Located APR 21, 2001)

              ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery,
              Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)

              .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL

              ........ +Unknown Cox

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
                Do you have any more information on the Riley family in Jackson Co. AL and
                Tennessee?
                My great-great-grandfather was Joseph Garland, married Margaret (or Mary),
                who died in Jackson Co., AL 6 Sept 1861. He was born 1782 in NC.. Some
                think that maiden name of Margaret (or Mary) was Riley. Do you have any
                information on this?

                Ralph Jackson
                Mesa, AZ

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
                  Ralph,

                  It seems we have the same ancestors except he is my 3rd great grandfather. I
                  do not know Margaret's maiden name though.

                  They had a son, Joseph Jr., that married Eth Malinda ________ . Do you know
                  her maiden name? I know that she is buried in Golden, Texas and according to
                  the 1900 census her father was born in Ireland. I descended through their
                  daughter Charlotte Morgan Garland that married Harrison Chapman and they had
                  a daughter named Mollie that married William Richard Branum and their
                  daughter Mattie Fay is my mother.

                  I will be glad to share any of the information that I have.

                  Bill Bullard
                  Canyon, Texas

                  > Mary Elizabeth Riley's mother is a sister to my 2nd gr grandfather
                  Joseph
                  > Garland and they all lived in Jackson Co. I think the Kings came to
                  Texas
                  > after the turn of the century. I believe that ther were other marriages
                  > between the Kings, Rileys and Garlands.
                  >
                  > Does any of this information look familiar?
                  >
                  > Bill
                  >
                  > bjbullard@...
                  >
                  > Descendants of John Andrew King
                  >

                  > 1 John Andrew King b: March 19, 1871 in Jackson Co., AL d: February 10,
                  1937
                  > in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial: February 1937 Goodlett Cemetery,
                  > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21,2001)
                  >
                  > .. +Mary Elizabeth Riley b: May 30, 1873 in Jackson Co., AL m: in
                  Jackson
                  > Co., AL d: January 20, 1956 in Goodlett, Hardeman Co., TX Burial:
                  January
                  > 21, 1956 Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (located APR 21,
                  2001)

                  > .... 2 Samuel King b: February 08, 1897 in Jackson Co., AL d: in
                  Goodlett,
                  > Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett Cemetery, Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX
                  > (Located APR 21, 2001)
                  >
                  > ........ +Unknown d: in Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX Burial: Goodlett
                  Cemetery,
                  > Goodlett, Hardeman Co, TX (Located APR 21, 2001)
                  >
                  > .... 2 Sula King b: October 28, 1901 in Jackson Co., AL
                  >
                  > ........ +Unknown Cox

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor