RE: [jacksongenealogy] Snake

  • John Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
      I moved to the North Carolina mountains in 1998 and quickly learned about black
      snakes, and their habits. MOST of the snakes in our area are black snakes, and
      beneficial – they eat mice, moles, and keep other snakes away.

      Snakes love transition. In the summer, they try to get into cooler areas – your
      house. In the winter, they try to get into warmer areas – your house.

      We had one snake in our house three years ago – I tried to capture him, but he
      wouldn’t behave. Finally, I chopped off his head with a hoe.

      Since, we keep every door closed all the time.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        If 'cousins' can't help 'cousins' what is the purpose? However I don't have
        a good suggestion unless you have a dog that does not like snakes.
        ...Bill