Snake

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      Have any of you ever had a snake in the house?
      I know this has nothing to do with genealogy, But.
      I thought maybe one of you may know how to get one out of my home.
      I was getting ready for Church and my Granddaughter alarmed me with a scream
      she saw a snake in our bedroom dresser drawer, she said the head was sticking
      out of the cracked drawer. She's 15 yrs.old and knows what snakes are and
      what they look like.
      I baby-sit my grandchildren they are the ages of 18mts. 20 Mts., 3 Mts. and I
      have a 4 year old. I'm so afraid the snake might get near one of them, I
      understand snakes like milk? I'm so afraid for them.
      DO any of you know anything I can do?
      I'm sorry for using this site for this but to be honest I'm scared and I just
      need some help. I just didn't know where to turn, then I thought of all my
      genealogy friends in my home town of Scottsboro.
      Please for give me. I pray this did not make any of you feel uncomfortable.
      Mr. Matthews, I'm sorry, Please for give.

      In God's Service
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

    • John Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        I moved to the North Carolina mountains in 1998 and quickly learned about black
        snakes, and their habits. MOST of the snakes in our area are black snakes, and
        beneficial – they eat mice, moles, and keep other snakes away.

        Snakes love transition. In the summer, they try to get into cooler areas – your
        house. In the winter, they try to get into warmer areas – your house.

        We had one snake in our house three years ago – I tried to capture him, but he
        wouldn’t behave. Finally, I chopped off his head with a hoe.

        Since, we keep every door closed all the time.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        <HTTP://RD.YAHOO.COM/%25SPACE%25/*>
        Alt TextAlt Text

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Bill Bullard
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
          If 'cousins' can't help 'cousins' what is the purpose? However I don't have
          a good suggestion unless you have a dog that does not like snakes.
          ...Bill