Skelton, Shankle or Rinkle.

  • Randy Herbon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
      Just wondering if anyone living in Jackson County today is aware
      of any families with the above mentioned surnames. If they are still in
      the county, I'm sure they are related, and I would love to talk with
      them.

      Thanks,
      Randy Herbon

    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
        We have Skeltons and Shankles, but I know of no Rinkles.

        See Skeltons here
        http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgiqa.dll?SR=&MEM=1&LNK=3%3A154&F=&L=skelton&
        T=scottsboro&S=AL&Search.x=18&Search.y=11

        See Shankles here
        http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgiqa.dll?SR=&MEM=1&LNK=3%3A154&F=&L=shankles
        &T=scottsboro&S=AL&Search.x=22&Search.y=8

        The Skeltons are related to the Scotts who founded Scottsboro.

        Richard

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
            Shankle and Skelton are still in the Scottsboro Phone book. Got a name that
            your looking for?
            My neighbor was a Skelton . Comes from a Robert Houston Skelton who came
            here from South Carolina I think.

            > Just wondering if anyone living in Jackson County today is aware
            > of any families with the above mentioned surnames. If they are still in
            > the county, I'm sure they are related, and I would love to talk with
            > them.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Randy Herbon

          • Richard Matthews
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
              Hello Randy,

              There is a local man, he may no longer be living, named Mark Scott Skelton,
              who I believe was named because of the Scott/Skelton family connection. If
              you will write Ann Chambliss, I think she can tell you about the connection.
              abc123@.... I could be mistaken but I think that connection
              exist.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2002
                Please unsubscribe me.