Re: [jacksongenealogy] Inventory and Settlement of the Estate of John Gullatt/Gullet deceased 1753

  • herbert gullatt
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2002
      Yes, all us Jackson County AL Gullatts descend from John and Manerva Catherine Yancy (Mitchell?) Gullatt, John b. abt 1781 Truro Parish Fairfax Co. VA d. 1824 Jackson co. AL was son of Peter Gullatt b. 17 Jan 1740 St. Stephens Parish, Cecil Co. Md and Rachel Thrift. Peter was son of John Gullatt/Gulletand Mary ? John b. 20 Apr 1711 St. Stephens Parish, Cecil Co. Md d. 1753. He was son of John Gullet/Gullett and Sarah ? m. abt 1709, John b. abt 1685 MD, parents probably William Gullett b. 1645/48 Devonshire England and Susanna Mills. This is probably way more than you wanted to know.

      Clay Gullatt.. Reed" <etreed@...> wrote:Herbert,
      A member of my Scottsboro High class of 1961 was Betty Jean Gullatt. Is
      there any relation?
      Earl Reed
      Dayton, TN

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
        Sounds like quite a crew. I used to say facetiously that taking all the
        Reeds out of Jackson County would reduce the population considerably.
        We Jackson Countians are really scattered. Marvin Tucker, former citizen of
        Limrock, wrote a description of the town during the 1930s. Some of us get
        to come home at retirement. We are still considering what will be the move
        when I retire from Bryan College. Jackson Co is very beautiful and
        relatively untouched.

        Earl Reed

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/