Genealogy Search

  • sgdeckbak
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2002
      Hi!
      I'm new to this Group. I am researching the surnames of BEAN, HUGHES
      and CRABTREE in Jackson County, AL. If anyone has an interest in any
      of those surnames, I do have some information and would always like
      more. Thank you!
      SGDecker
    • EMason2372@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 20, 2002
        Just curious what Hughes you have?? Did yours migrate from around
        Chattanooga and surrounding areas? My John Hughes b. 1805 TN was
        around in Meigs, Rhea, Bledsoe Co., areas in TN. thanks Elizabeth
        Mason

      • rlmw63@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 20, 2002
          Looking for information on Dolberry's, descendants or information on Absalom
          Dolberry or other Dolberry's in the area.
          Thanks,
          Rhonda

        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 20, 2002
            What BEAN'S are you looking for? I may have a book with some in it.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 21, 2002
              Hi,
              I am new to this group too. I, also, am researching Hughes, as well as
              Champion. I have a ggrandfather named Robert E Lee Hughes that married Mattie
              Champion (Cherokee Woman). They had 5 children. My grandmother was one of the
              5. My grandmother was born in Scottsboro. And I believe Mattie and Mary
              (grandmas oldest sister) were buried there. They died within weeks of each
              other. I would appreciate any information anyone may have on them.
              Thanks,
              Derek Champion

            • Sharon Decker
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 22, 2002
                --- EMason2372@... wrote:
                > Just curious what Hughes you have?? Did yours
                > migrate from around
                > Chattanooga and surrounding areas? My John
                > Hughes b. 1805 TN was
                > around in Meigs, Rhea, Bledsoe Co., areas in TN.
                > thanks Elizabeth
                > Mason

                > removed]
                >
                >My Hughes: Green Jackson Hughes b.1819 KY
                parents: William Green and Cynthia Hughes(no proofs)
                siblings: Jesse, William and Albert(no proofs)
                m. Ailcy Ellen Tankersley 13 Aug 1840 DeKalb c. AL
                seven children: Rufina Jane, Mary Elvira, Nancy
                Clementina, James Worth, Sarah Elizabeth, William
                Jackson and Missouri Catherine
                d. 27 Mar 1863 as a POW in a Union hospital (captured
                in Murfreesboro,TN--AL Company I,3rd Cavalry)
                My gg grandmother was Sarah Elizabeth Hughes. She
                married Benjamin Franklin Crabtree in Franklin c.TN.
                Both of them died in Jackson c.AL
                At this point, I'm thinking that my Hughes family was
                in Kentucky but haven't been able to locate them yet.
                Doesn't sound like we're close--but, you never know!
                Sharon Decker

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • sgdeckbak
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 24, 2002
                  My grandmother was Margaret Alice Bean. Her parents were Joseph Eli
                  and Ellen Caroline (Crabtree) Bean. Joseph's parents were Crawford
                  Carlton and Martha (Sanders) Bean. C.C. Bean's folks were James
                  Madison and Hollie Virginia "Jane" (Swearingen) Bean. They both died
                  and were buried in Jackson c. AL in 1866 and 1867 respectively. They
                  must have moved there prior to 1846 since their last three children
                  were born there. James Madison Bean was born c. 1802 in Augusta c.
                  VA. His parents supposedly were William and Margaret (McCracken)
                  Bean but I don't have any firm data. Any help would be appreciated.
                  Thanks! Sharon Decker

                  --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., "Regina Pipes" <regina.pipes@p...>
                  wrote:
                  > What BEAN'S are you looking for? I may have a book with some in it.

                • Sharon Decker
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 27, 2002
                    Hi! What year was your ggrandfather born? My 3-g grandfather Green
                    Jackson Hughes was born in 1819. He had two sons: James Worth Hughes
                    (b 1848) and William Jackson Hughes(b 1853). William had a son named
                    Robert Ellis Hughes (b 1894 in TN)but I don't have any marriage info
                    on him. Couldn't find any Champions. Give me a year and I'll look
                    some more! Sharon Decker

                  • lostonsite40@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 28, 2002
                      Hi Sharon,
                      I have my ggrandfather (Robert E Lee Hughes) listed from 1864 - 1928. My
                      mom and an aunt found his headstone a while back. He is buried in Garner
                      Cemetary somewhere near Sherwood. Thank you so much for taking the time to
                      look.
                      Derek