BOYDS

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 20, 2002
      Chuck,
      Did your Jackson Co. BOYDS come from Va.?
      My John Shute EUSTACE married Margaret FOSTER, whose mother was Sally BOYD.
      Her father was Andrew BOYD from Va.
      Velma

    • zrcb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 20, 2002
        Velma
        As far as I know it is beleived my GGgrandfather John Boyd originally came
        from North Carolina. He and his wife Elizabeth lived in Giles co. Tn before
        they moved to Scottsboro after 1850. They both died in Scottsboro Elizabeth
        in 1861 and John in 1864. Another GGgrandfather was Abner Waller him and
        Emily also lived in Jackson Co. Thanks for answering my email. I am
        starting to beleive that John came from Va instead of NC. I know that they
        even have a town in Va named after Boyds it was started by Alexander Boyd.
        It is called Boydton Va.
        Thank you for listening. I sure wish I knew where they were buried. I have
        been told that when my Ggrandfather died they didn't have whole lot of money
        and all they could afford for a marker was two or three rocks. And over a
        period of time they disappeared. The same for my Ggrandmother Mary Waller
        Boyd
        Chuck. P.S. I thought that maybe the book the Pictorial walkthrough Jackson
        Co
        might have something in it.
      • vrgfdonna@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 20, 2002
          Chuck,
          You know, it's too bad that a lot of people back then were buried that way.
          I think that must be true of some of my GRAHAMS, and we can't find the
          graves. We don't know much about our BOYDS, accept that they came from Va.
          But N.C. is between Va. and Al., and maybe yours were born on the way to Al.
          My Margaret FOSTER, daughter of Sally BOYD, was born in Franklin Co., Tn.
          This is a very interesting hobby. You need to be part investigator, don't
          you!
          Good luck!
          Velma

        • zrcb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
            Velma
            You sure have that right it is a very enteresting hobby. I just wish
            there weren't any stone walls. I never thought about NC being between Va and
            Al. You are right he could have been born on the way. Something to
            definetely think about. Thank you. You and your family have a Happy
            Thanksgiving. Chuck
          • vrgfdonna@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
              Thanks. Same to you.
              Velma

            • Richard Matthews
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 21, 2002
                I did it for you

                How do I unsubscribe & subscribe to this list? I am changing servers and
                want to unsubscribe from my Prodigy account and subscribe with my Road
                Runner account. I received a welcome letter from The
                AlJACKSO-L-request@... to my Road Runner account BUT when I tried
                to unsub from my Prodigy account it bounced. Went through Cindy's web site
                for these addresses.
                Thanks
                Regina
                Prodigy account regina.pipes@...