Re: [jacksongenealogy] Information request

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 20, 2002
      Yes, thank you!

    • revjermg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2003
        Patricia,I have had this msg. on my inbox for awhile with the intention of getting in touch with you because I find your posts so interesting .I am a retired Presbyterian minister married to another Pres.minister. I like the way you witness to your faith . I also think that you must have a lot of knowledge of Jackson cty. Where do you live now since it is obvious that you live some distance away ? We live in New York ,on the East End of Long Island .Sag Harbor is a small Village formerly big in the fishing trade and big in whaling in the last century .Today it survives on tourist trade in the Spring-Fall period .My wife Susan is Pastor of the First Presbyterian "Old Whalers " church .My experience with Jackson Cty. was limited because my parents were divorced during WW2 and I had little contact with the Guinns .I was over there in 1953 to a family reunion out at the Centennial Baptist Church .My Dad's family were all located around Fackler and Stevenson .My gfather was Ezra Henderson Guinn .There are still a number of cousins in the area that I would like to contact ,but have not been able to locate them . I have spent a lot of time working on my maternal relatives as well because they seemed to be a closed mouthed bunch .I guess they didn't think kids needed to know that much when I was young . So I have spent a lot of the last 5 years working on basic stuff like who was my grandfather(both) .I have worked it back to Greats on both sides.But my time is limited between drs. visits and my limited amount of work at the church .If you have any knowledge that would help me please share .Thank you and God Bless . Pastor Jerry
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2003
          Thank you for the nice words, as for information on Jackson County I don't
          have much information but there are some people who are on the list who do, just
          post the request and see what happens.
          Just hang in and keep praying for the Lord to open the door for you when it
          is the right time He'll make all known to you.
          I can give good advice but it's difficult for me to take my own advice.
          I could not count how many times I've been in tears trying to brake down
          these brick walls of mine.
          Seems like to me when I least expect it is when the Lord opens a new door for
          me.
          I'll be praying for you today.
          God Bless.
          Ezekiel 36:25

          revjermg@... writes:

          > Subj:Re: [jacksongenealogy] Information request
          > Date:6/8/03 7:37:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time
          > From:<A HREF="mailto:revjermg@...">revjermg@...</A>
          > To:<A HREF="mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com">jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com</A>
          > Sent from the Internet
          >

          > Patricia,I have had this msg. on my inbox for awhile with the intention of
          > getting in touch with you because I find your posts so interesting .I am a
          > retired Presbyterian minister married to another Pres.minister. I like the way
          > you witness to your faith . I also think that you must have a lot of
          > knowledge of Jackson cty. Where do you live now since it is obvious that you live
          > some distance away ? We live in New York ,on the East End of Long Island .Sag
          > Harbor is a small Village formerly big in the fishing trade and big in whaling
          > in the last century .Today it survives on tourist trade in the Spring-Fall
          > period .My wife Susan is Pastor of the First Presbyterian "Old Whalers " church
          > .My experience with Jackson Cty. was limited because my parents were
          > divorced during WW2 and I had little contact with the Guinns .I was over there in
          > 1953 to a family reunion out at the Centennial Baptist Church .My Dad's family
          > were all located around Fackler and Stevenson .My gfather was Ezra Henderson
          > Guinn .There are still a number of cousins in the area that I would like to
          > contact ,but have not been able to locate them . I have spent a lot of time
          > working on my maternal relatives as well because they seemed to be a closed
          > mouthed bunch .I guess they didn't think kids needed to know that much when I
          > was young . So I have spent a lot of the last 5 years working on basic stuff
          > like who was my grandfather(both) .I have worked it back to Greats on both
          > sides.But my time is limited between drs. visits and my limited amount of work
          > at the church .If you have any knowledge that would help me please share
          > .Thank you and God Bless . Pastor Jerry

          In God's Service
          ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
          Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
          Patricia Mills
          <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

          Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
          Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
          Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

          My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where did he
          come from? His Wife: Emily Elizabeth Smith/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were her
          parents she lived with her grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.