Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rodgers

  • EMason2372@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
      Patricia,
      Although I know nothing of the Rodgers just thought I would post. My
      great great grandfather Floyd Jackson Mills and his brother Levi purchased
      the land in the area of the Salt Peter's Cave. Of course this was around
      1900 or so. They lived in the old house still standing. It had a dog trot
      thru the middle of the house. We have pictures of them standing on porch.
      My grandfather has told me of them mining Salt Peter out of the cave. Caves
      are still there. Of course I am no expert of this area. I only know of
      what my grandfather has told me. Floyd J. Mills is buried at Aspel
      Cemetery nearby and Levi and mother of FJ and Levi are buried in cemetery (no
      stones) up on top of ridge from the caves. Just thought I would post
      this. Good Luck on your search...........Elizabeth Mason

    • Patricia Mills
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
        I would love to have a picture, do you have scanner?
        What happened to the property? Do you own it?
        I am going to go to Scottsboro in Feb.2003 if the Lord permits. I would love
        to get permission to visit the Cave and home. My family use to live in that
        house. This was a long time ago.
        I do thank you so much for the information, please stay in contact.

        CherokeePrincess77@...
        In God's service
        Pat Mills

        > Although I know nothing of the Rodgers just thought I would post. My
        > great great grandfather Floyd Jackson Mills and his brother Levi purchased
        > the land in the area of the Salt Peter's Cave. Of course this was
        around
        > 1900 or so. They lived in the old house still standing. It had a dog
        trot
        > thru the middle of the house. We have pictures of them standing on
        porch.
        > My grandfather has told me of them mining Salt Peter out of the cave.
        Caves
        > are still there. Of course I am no expert of this area. I only know of
        > what my grandfather has told me. Floyd J. Mills is buried at Aspel
        > Cemetery nearby and Levi and mother of FJ and Levi are buried in cemetery
        (no
        > stones) up on top of ridge from the caves. Just thought I would post
        > this. Good Luck on your search...........Elizabeth Mason

      • James Parkhill

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 18, 2002
            I'M GETTING READY TO SIGN OFF MSN FOR GOOD I'M SWITCHING TO ANOTHER COMPANY.
            IF YOU'LL WAIT UNTIL I HAVE SIGNED ON WITH A NEW COMPANY I'LL SEE IF I CAN
            HELP YOU. I GO TO THE WASHINGTON D.C. ARCHIVES MOST EVERY SATURDAY MAYBE I
            CAN PULL SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU.
            WHEN I SIGN BACK ON I'LL BE ON WITH ANOTHER INTERNET PROVIDER.

            PAT MILLS

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/