Rodgers

  • Patricia Mills
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
      Correction Post of Joseph P. Rodgers,

      Rodgers, Joseph P.
      Born : Ireland
      Came to the U.S.A. with his Brother (name unknown)
      Died 1874 Jackson County Alabama
      Married 1865 Ala.
      Wife : Emily E.
      Born : 1843 Ala.
      Died : 1916 Jackson County Ala.
      Children :
      Mary, Charles, John

      I understand Joseph P. Rodgers came to Ala. with his brother.
      I'm looking for his brothers family. I understand he married.
      The two brothers were immigrated from Ireland, they They came over land to the Tennessee River, Traveling down it to the Chattanooga, Tennessee.
      They lived in there for a while. The one Brother died, Joseph P. Rodgers moved to Ala. where he enlisted in the confederate army. He worked in Salt Petre Cave.
      He was captured by O.M. Mitchell.

      Children: John H. Rodgers Married - Mary Jane McLemore
      ( Please contact me if you are a member of this family)

      Charles W. Rodgers Married - Mary Olinger
      (Please contact me if you have any information on this family)

      Mary M. Rodgers she didn't marry she died at a early age.
      ( I would like to know any information you may have on her)

      IF YOU HAVE OR KNOW ANY INFORMATION ON THE TRAVELING OF THIS AREA AT THAT TIME FRAME I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD CONTACT ME .
      If you have any maps or know where I might be able to get old maps please contact me.
      If you have any history you would like to share with me during this time frame please contact me.

      THANK YOU SO MUCH

      In God's Service
      Patricia G. Mills
      CherokeePrincess77@...

    • EMason2372@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
        Patricia,
        Although I know nothing of the Rodgers just thought I would post. My
        great great grandfather Floyd Jackson Mills and his brother Levi purchased
        the land in the area of the Salt Peter's Cave. Of course this was around
        1900 or so. They lived in the old house still standing. It had a dog trot
        thru the middle of the house. We have pictures of them standing on porch.
        My grandfather has told me of them mining Salt Peter out of the cave. Caves
        are still there. Of course I am no expert of this area. I only know of
        what my grandfather has told me. Floyd J. Mills is buried at Aspel
        Cemetery nearby and Levi and mother of FJ and Levi are buried in cemetery (no
        stones) up on top of ridge from the caves. Just thought I would post
        this. Good Luck on your search...........Elizabeth Mason

      • Patricia Mills
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 17, 2002
          I would love to have a picture, do you have scanner?
          What happened to the property? Do you own it?
          I am going to go to Scottsboro in Feb.2003 if the Lord permits. I would love
          to get permission to visit the Cave and home. My family use to live in that
          house. This was a long time ago.
          I do thank you so much for the information, please stay in contact.

          CherokeePrincess77@...
          In God's service
          Pat Mills

          > Although I know nothing of the Rodgers just thought I would post. My
          > great great grandfather Floyd Jackson Mills and his brother Levi purchased
          > the land in the area of the Salt Peter's Cave. Of course this was
          around
          > 1900 or so. They lived in the old house still standing. It had a dog
          trot
          > thru the middle of the house. We have pictures of them standing on
          porch.
          > My grandfather has told me of them mining Salt Peter out of the cave.
          Caves
          > are still there. Of course I am no expert of this area. I only know of
          > what my grandfather has told me. Floyd J. Mills is buried at Aspel
          > Cemetery nearby and Levi and mother of FJ and Levi are buried in cemetery
          (no
          > stones) up on top of ridge from the caves. Just thought I would post
          > this. Good Luck on your search...........Elizabeth Mason

        • James Parkhill

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 18, 2002
              I'M GETTING READY TO SIGN OFF MSN FOR GOOD I'M SWITCHING TO ANOTHER COMPANY.
              IF YOU'LL WAIT UNTIL I HAVE SIGNED ON WITH A NEW COMPANY I'LL SEE IF I CAN
              HELP YOU. I GO TO THE WASHINGTON D.C. ARCHIVES MOST EVERY SATURDAY MAYBE I
              CAN PULL SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU.
              WHEN I SIGN BACK ON I'LL BE ON WITH ANOTHER INTERNET PROVIDER.

              PAT MILLS

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/