Re: [jacksongenealogy] Price Family of Jackson Co.

  • Latrelle
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
      I wonder if you can tell me what is in these books, my grandparents were
      married in Jackson county in 1871 their license is recorded in Book A Page
      963 lic.# 1640, their names are Charley Corbit and Missouri Smith. I would
      like to know if their ages or any parents name are there Do you know if is
      possible to obtain a copy of the license. I would appreciate any help you
      can give me. Latrell
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
        What can you tell us about him? I went to Ancestry.com and there is a John
        A & John E. PRICE in Jackson County, Alabama. There is also several deeds
        for both.

        From: Percy B. Keel [mailto:pbk@...]

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
          Could your PRICE be JW PRICE that was married to Amanda?

          From: Percy B. Keel [mailto:pbk@...]

          Still need help on the John PRICE family. Any help would be appreciated.
        • Patricia Mills
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
            I GOT MINE FROM THE LIBRARY,
            MARRIAGES OF JACKSON COUNTY ALABAMA 1871-1876-1876-1881
            BY ADDIE K. STOVALL SHAVER
            SYBIL BISHOP HINMAN
            HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA
            205-539-2366
            PLEASE LET MR.SHAVER KNOW I SENT YOU IF YOU BUY THE BOOK.
            I'M NOT GOOD AT THIS MY SELF THERE ARE SOME OTHER PEOLPE WHO LIVE IN ALABAMA WHO WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I.
            WHAT I DID WAS TO CONTACT THE COURT HOUSE FOR ANY PROBATE MINUTES, THEN TRY THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
            I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOME RECORDS WERE BURNED IN A FIRE.
            I WOULD CHECK IT OUT IT NEVER HURTS.
            YOU CAN GET E-MAIL ADDRESSES FROM THE INTERNET.

            > I have the Marriages of Jackson County Alabama book, 1871-1876-1876-1881
            > J.M. Price to Miss S.J. Moon Lic: Dec. 7, 1878
            > sol. Dec. 1878 at James J. Moon by G.M. Honea mg Lic G.G. Lilly
            > I don't know if this is the right person but this is what's in the book.
            > Pat Mills
            > CherokeePrincess77@...

          • Jewel Casey
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
              Marriage Records 1859-1871 By Rhonda G. Smith Cooper
              #1963-1640 Charley Corbit to Missouir Smith
              9 Feb 1871 by William Maples, JP

              No other info
              Jewel

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              http://explorer.msn.com

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                  THANK YOU VERY MUCH I WILL TRY TO MAKE CONTACT WITH MR. SHAVER

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                    I think the area code there has changed to 256
                    Regina

                    Original

                    > I GOT MINE FROM THE LIBRARY,
                    > MARRIAGES OF JACKSON COUNTY ALABAMA 1871-1876-1876-1881
                    > BY ADDIE K. STOVALL SHAVER
                    > SYBIL BISHOP HINMAN
                    > HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA
                    > 205-539-2366
                  • Percy B. Keel
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                      Thanks.
                      > > I wonder if you can tell me what is in these books, my grandparents were
                      > > married in Jackson county in 1871 their license is recorded in Book A
                      Page
                      > > 963 lic.# 1640, their names are Charley Corbit and Missouri Smith. I
                      > would
                      > > like to know if their ages or any parents name are there Do you know if
                      is
                      > > possible to obtain a copy of the license. I would appreciate any help
                      you
                      > > can give me. Latrell

                    • Geri
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                        I am needing the marriage info on Monroe Jasper Messer and Margaret Ola
                        Carter m. before 1910 probably about 1907 in Jackson Co., does anyone have
                        info on marriages this late?

                        Geri Beaver
                        > > I wonder if you can tell me what is in these books, my grandparents were
                        > > married in Jackson county in 1871 their license is recorded in Book A
                        Page
                        > > 963 lic.# 1640, their names are Charley Corbit and Missouri Smith. I
                        > would
                        > > like to know if their ages or any parents name are there Do you know if
                        is
                        > > possible to obtain a copy of the license. I would appreciate any help
                        you
                        > > can give me. Latrell

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor