Re: [jacksongenealogy] Price Family of Jackson Co.

  • Latrelle
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
      I wonder if you can tell me what is in these books, my grandparents were
      married in Jackson county in 1871 their license is recorded in Book A Page
      963 lic.# 1640, their names are Charley Corbit and Missouri Smith. I would
      like to know if their ages or any parents name are there Do you know if is
      possible to obtain a copy of the license. I would appreciate any help you
      can give me. Latrell

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
          What can you tell us about him? I went to Ancestry.com and there is a John
          A & John E. PRICE in Jackson County, Alabama. There is also several deeds
          for both.

          From: Percy B. Keel [mailto:pbk@...]

          Still need help on the John PRICE family. Any help would be appreciated.
        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
            Could your PRICE be JW PRICE that was married to Amanda?

            From: Percy B. Keel [mailto:pbk@...]

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
              I GOT MINE FROM THE LIBRARY,
              MARRIAGES OF JACKSON COUNTY ALABAMA 1871-1876-1876-1881
              BY ADDIE K. STOVALL SHAVER
              SYBIL BISHOP HINMAN
              HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA
              205-539-2366
              PLEASE LET MR.SHAVER KNOW I SENT YOU IF YOU BUY THE BOOK.
              I'M NOT GOOD AT THIS MY SELF THERE ARE SOME OTHER PEOLPE WHO LIVE IN ALABAMA WHO WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I.
              WHAT I DID WAS TO CONTACT THE COURT HOUSE FOR ANY PROBATE MINUTES, THEN TRY THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
              I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOME RECORDS WERE BURNED IN A FIRE.
              I WOULD CHECK IT OUT IT NEVER HURTS.
              YOU CAN GET E-MAIL ADDRESSES FROM THE INTERNET.

              > I have the Marriages of Jackson County Alabama book, 1871-1876-1876-1881
              > J.M. Price to Miss S.J. Moon Lic: Dec. 7, 1878
              > sol. Dec. 1878 at James J. Moon by G.M. Honea mg Lic G.G. Lilly
              > I don't know if this is the right person but this is what's in the book.
              > Pat Mills
              > CherokeePrincess77@...

            • Jewel Casey
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                Marriage Records 1859-1871 By Rhonda G. Smith Cooper
                #1963-1640 Charley Corbit to Missouir Smith
                9 Feb 1871 by William Maples, JP

                No other info
                Jewel

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                http://explorer.msn.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                    THANK YOU VERY MUCH I WILL TRY TO MAKE CONTACT WITH MR. SHAVER

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                      I think the area code there has changed to 256
                      Regina

                      Original

                      > I GOT MINE FROM THE LIBRARY,
                      > MARRIAGES OF JACKSON COUNTY ALABAMA 1871-1876-1876-1881
                      > BY ADDIE K. STOVALL SHAVER
                      > SYBIL BISHOP HINMAN
                      > HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA
                      > 205-539-2366
                    • Percy B. Keel
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                        Thanks.
                        > > I wonder if you can tell me what is in these books, my grandparents were
                        > > married in Jackson county in 1871 their license is recorded in Book A
                        Page
                        > > 963 lic.# 1640, their names are Charley Corbit and Missouri Smith. I
                        > would
                        > > like to know if their ages or any parents name are there Do you know if
                        is
                        > > possible to obtain a copy of the license. I would appreciate any help
                        you
                        > > can give me. Latrell

                      • Geri
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 29, 2002
                          I am needing the marriage info on Monroe Jasper Messer and Margaret Ola
                          Carter m. before 1910 probably about 1907 in Jackson Co., does anyone have
                          info on marriages this late?

                          Geri Beaver
                          > > I wonder if you can tell me what is in these books, my grandparents were
                          > > married in Jackson county in 1871 their license is recorded in Book A
                          Page
                          > > 963 lic.# 1640, their names are Charley Corbit and Missouri Smith. I
                          > would
                          > > like to know if their ages or any parents name are there Do you know if
                          is
                          > > possible to obtain a copy of the license. I would appreciate any help
                          you
                          > > can give me. Latrell

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor