In search of Joseph GRIDER/GUIDER/GRYDER Family

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      Brick walls would be nice BUT I am up against a mountain.

      I can only get back as far as my ggrandparents Joseph & Ann Eliza TUCK
      GRIDER that were married in Blount County, Tennessee in 1846. My
      grandfather Francis Marion GRIDER/GUIDER/GRIDER was born 1858/59 in Blount
      County, Tn. He marries Kate ODOM and they have three children. After Kate
      dies he leaves the children and goes where? Frank's daughter; Cordelia
      lived with his brother George W. GUIDER. I don't know who took John and W.
      Thomas GUIDER. He went to Jackson County, Alabama where he meet Martha L.
      GOLD. They were married abt 1890 in Winchester, Tennessee. They lived in
      Jackson County, Alabama the rest of their lives.

      I know that Joseph GRIDER served in the 3rd East Tennessee Infantry Union.
      He was captured in Tennessee and served time in Libby Prison, Danville
      Prison and was finally exchanged in the prisoner swap 1864.

      Since Joseph and Ann Eliza married in 1846 in Blount County, Tn. and they
      didn't start listing all the family until 1850 how do I go about finding out
      about both of them? In Joseph's discharge papers he says he was born in
      Rockbridge, Va. Can't find anything on him there so far but I am guessing
      that his family left there not longer after his birth. I am guessing he was
      born abt. 1806.

      Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about finding information. I
      have looked on the internet as much as possible and have visited several
      libraries and still not much info.
      Thanks