Jackson Co. GRAHAMS

  • vrgfdonna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      Dear List,
      Since there seems to be more participation among our members now, I want to
      share again about my GRAHAMS. It seems there were 2 families of GRAHAMS in
      Jackson Co. You would think they might be connected, but we can't seem to
      find a connection. The other GRAHAMS (apparently not mine) included a Jesse
      GRAHAM who moved his family to Rusk Co., Tx. in about 1835. My grandparents
      moved their family to Ok. in about 1910 or 1912, then to Tx. during the
      1920's.
      My oldest GRAHAM ancestor, James Newton GRAHAM, married Sarah FORTENBERRY,
      who was born in 1804 in S.C. Their son, James F. GRAHAM, was born in 1831 in
      Ky., and they moved to Al. between then and 1854. James F. GRAHAM married
      Chastity HUNTER in Paint Rock Valley in 1854.
      Their son, George William GRAHAM, born 1857 in Holly Tree, married Mary Ella
      EUSTACE in 1879.
      Their son, William Henry GRAHAM, born 1883 in Holly Tree, married Fannie
      Matilda CRESSWELL in 1905.
      Their son, Harvey William GRAHAM, was born in 1906 in Holly Tree. He was my
      father.
      This puts my GRAHAMS in Ky. in 1831, and I would so love to know where they
      were before that.
      Thank you for your time!
      Velma