BOWERS

  • Jackson Cty Historical Association
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 1999
      There are no Bowers listed on 1830 Jackson Co, AL census.
      Ann B. Chambless
      abc@...
    • Becky Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 7:25 PM
        My Bowers were in TN, somewhere! Then I find them in Jackson County 1st
        in the 1840 census and and in the 1850 census. By 1860 they were gone.
        In 1860 they were in McNairy County, TN. Adam Bowers and family were
        listed in the 1840 Jackson County census, several of his older children
        were born in TN, do not believe it was McNairy County though. One of
        his children John Bowers married Louisa Jane Luttrell, she was born in
        TN
        Adam Bowers was born in VA abt 1803, his wife Susannah was born in GA
        abt 1805. I have searched the bordering counties in TN. Since Susannah
        was born in GA I suspect there must be something I am missing.

        Anyone see these Bower's let me know
        Thanks
        Becky