1930 Jackson County, AL census

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002
      A few weeks ago I was very disturbed about the 1930 Jackson and Madison County, AL census, some the census being very bad. I will list the Districts in Jackson County on Film Number T626-21. Jackson County is on 2 films, the other one seems to be good.

      Good meaning it is very readable
      Fair meaning that some of the names are unreadable
      Bad meaning that A LOT of the names and the ages can't be read at all and the rest is almost unreadable. When it gets over to the other information, it is fair.

      I have viewed the Computer CD's and 2 of the regular library films and they are all the same. It is possible that the original film was bad in these areas. I bought mine from Heritage Quest, they replaced my films and they are the same as follows:

      Film Number T626-21
      Districts:
      Dist. #31 Pct. 24 SECTION-good
      Dist. #32 Pct. 25 HARMONY-BAD can't read a lot of it
      Dist #33 Pct 26 GARTH-fair
      Dist #34 Pct. 27 HOLLYTREE-fair
      Dist. #35 Pct. 28 DUTTON-good
      Dist. #36 Pct. 29 GROSS SPRINGS-fair
      Dist. #37 Pct. 30 HAIGWOOD-fair
      Dist. #38 Pct. 31 HOLLY SPRING-good
      Dist. #39 Pct. 32 LIMROCK-fair;
      Dist. #40 Pct..33 HAMBRICK-BAD can't read a lot of it
      Dist. #41 Pct. 34 PRINCETON-BAD can't read a lot of it
      Dist, #42 Pct. 35 CROW-good
      Dist. #43 Pct. 36 ASPEL-good
      Dist. #44 Pct. 37 WINNIGER-fair
      Dist. #45 Pct. 38 ROSALIE-fair
      Dist. #46 Pct. 39 DEAN-good

      Hope this helps everyone.
      Thanks a million
      Jewel

    • Jewel Casey
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002
        If a member of heritage Quest; Computer Disk $14.95; regular library film
        $19.95; if not a member add $5.00 to each.

        www.HeritageQuest.com
        > What was the coast? and do you have a e-mail address for heritage quest
        or 800 no.
        > Pat

      • Jewel Casey
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002
          The CD for the computer has all information shown just like the regular
          films.
          > never mind I found the web site, let me ask you a question?
          > the cd's you have are they like the microfilm, do they have only the name
          you are searching for ? or is it with every one like it is on microfilm?
          > PAT

        • Patricia Mills
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002
                THANK YOU SO MUCH

                If a member of heritage Quest; Computer Disk $14.95; regular library film
                $19.95; if not a member add $5.00 to each.

                www.HeritageQuest.com
                > What was the coast? and do you have a e-mail address for heritage quest
                or 800 no.
                > Pat

              • Patricia Mills
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 25, 2002
                  DEAR JEWEL,

                  CAN I ASK YOU A FAVOR CAN YOU LOOK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY RODGERS ON THAT CD? I SEND TO ALABAMA ARCHIVES FOR CENSUS ON MY FAMILY AND IT COAST $20.OO FOR ONE SEARCH THAT'S ONE PAGE. I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD BUY THE CD'S. DO YOU THINK THE CD IS JUST AS GOOD AS WHAT THEY HAVE AT THE ARCHIVES? I HAVE SPENT ALLOT OF MONEY AT THE ALABAMA ARCHIVES TRYING TO FIND FAMILY THAT MOVED AROUND AND ME NOT KNOWING WHERE THEY WENT.
                  NOW I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH NOT KNOWING FOR SURE ABOUT THE SPELLING OF THE LAST NAME DATING BACK TO THE 1800.
                  PAT

                  The CD for the computer has all information shown just like the regular
                  films.
                  > never mind I found the web site, let me ask you a question?
                  > the cd's you have are they like the microfilm, do they have only the name
                  you are searching for ? or is it with every one like it is on microfilm?
                  > PAT

                • Jewel Casey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 29, 2002
                    Well folks I just viewed District 41, Pct. 34 Princeton on the Ancestry.com census and it is PLAIN to see and I could read everything. Come to your own conclusions on HeritageQuest. I'm sending my films back for a refund.

                    Hope this helps someone else.
                    Jewel

                  • Patricia Mills
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2002
                      how much was the film from ancestry .com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 2, 2002
                        I viewed the film on Ancestry.com, I didn't buy it from them because they do
                        not sell census films.