Re: Shared File area

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 1999
      > From: "Raymond A. Shirley, Sr." <rshirley@...>
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm one of the new members. I tried to get into the Shared File area
      > and got the message that my browser wouldn't accept their cookie. I've
      > never had that problem before. I check my Preferences setup and it is
      > configured to accept cookies. Any suggestions?

      Sorry you had trouble Raymond, maybe this will help. It works good for me.

      Cookie Error Home | Sign-off
      ONElist requires Cookies to access this part of the ONElist web site.
      ONElist uses cookies to remember who you are logged in as. If the cookies
      cannot be set correctly, then ONElist cannot tell who you are.

      We switched to a cookie based system for two reasons. First, and most
      importantly, there was a security problem with the old system. Malicious
      people could grab people's email address and password with the old system.
      Also, the new system is more convenient for our users. Once you have logged
      into the ONElist web site, you do not have to log in again.

      How we use Cookies
      ONElist uses two cookies; one to remember your email address, and one to
      remember your password. A cookie is just some information that we send to
      your browser. Your browser remembers this information, and everytime you
      return to our web site, this information is sent back to us. A cookie cannot
      be used to extract information from your system. You can have ONElist remove
      the cookies when you are done, by clicking on the Log Out link on the menu
      bar on the left.
      What Went Wrong?
      There can be several reasons why your computer didn't accept the cookies
      that we sent.
      Your browser doesn't support cookies. Most browser support cookies these
      days.

      You have your browser configured to not accept cookies. You need to enable
      cookies in order to use the ONElist web site. To configure Netscape, look
      under the Edit menu, in Preferences, Advanced. In Internet Explorer, look
      under the View menu, in Options, Advanced, Security.

      You have the cookie warning turned on in your browser and you declined to
      allow the cookies to be set. If this is the case, go back to the Log In
      screen, log in, and then accept the cookies.

      The date on your computer is wrong. If the date on your computer is set to a
      day before January 1, 1970, or if the date is set to a day after December 1,
      1999, the cookies will not be set.

      You are using an application that blocks cookies. You will need to disable
      this in order to use the ONElist web site.

      .