RE: [jacksongenealogy] RE: RODGERS

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 23, 2002
      If you look through this cemetery you will find a lot of your questions
      answered. Some of the initials maybe wrong but this is your family and I
      was able to match most of the names you were looking for even the LEMONS.
      This cemetery is a GOLD mine of information for you.

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
        I would bet this John is related because he is buried by some more of your
        family. Have you been to this web site?

        THAT COULDN'T BE OUR JOHN RODGERS THE DATE IS WAY OFF, HIS FIRST CHILD WAS
        BORN 1867

        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
          Jane that did the cemetery did a great job BUT she would be the first to
          tell you that she made mistakes in reading the markers because of the wear.
          Some of them are so hard to read.

          Mary Jane McLEMORE must have been called Jane because that is what is on her
          stone. In that cemetery there is also ROGERS and I bet it is your family.
          My last name is spelled four different ways over the years and my
          grandfather and his brothers all have different spellings. Well, not all
          but there is GRIDER/GUIDER/GRYDER

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
              I could not get on this web site.

              WHAT WEB SITE? try this one see if you like
              http//www.idreamof.com/cemetery/al/jackson.html
            • Patricia Mills
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
                    I DO HAVE PICTURES OF THE MARKERS AT GROSS CEMTERY, MY COUSIN MADE PICTURES AND SENT THEM TO ME. THE RODGERS YOU ARE LOOKING AT ARE OF MY FAMILY SO IS IDA AND JOE RODGERS THAT MY GRANDPARENTS. LEMONS IS MY GREAT, GREAT GRANDMOTHER ON MY GRANDPA SIDE OF THE FAMILY. HER HUSBAND IS THE ONE I'M TRYING TO FIND. YOU ARE RIGHT SOME OF THE MARKERS ARE HARD TO MAKE OUT AND I BET SOME OF THEM ARE WRONG TO.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
                      DID YOU NOTICE THE
                      AUTHUR JACKSON RODGERS 2/19/1908 10/16/1944 WOUNDER WHO THIS IS?
                      JOHN W. AND PAUL RODGERS ARE MY UNCLES
                      REMEMBER HE WAS BORN 1840 OR SO THE STORY GOES?
                      BUT NONE OF THESE MATCH THE DATES OF BIRTH I NEED FOR JOHN P. RODGERS

                      THANK YOU SO MUCH HOW SWEET BUT A I ALREADY HAVE THAT MRS. GROSS AND I HAVE
                      TALKED TOO.

                      > JOE RODGERS LONG TIME RESIDENT OF SCOTTSBORO, LOOKING FOR INFO.ON HIS
                      FAMILY. HIS DAD WAS JOHN H.RODGERS WHO DIED AT ASHMORE COTTON GIN, HIS
                      GRANDFATHER WAS JOHN P. RODGERS WHO MARRIED EMMA E. LEMONS, NO RECORDS OF
                      BIRTH 1840 IN TENN.,NO RECORDS OF DEATH IN ALA. 1864-1867 NOT SURE OF
                      DATE.CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO. CAN ANY OF YOU HELP ME PLEASE? GOT ANY IDEAS?

                      > IN GOD'S SERVICE
                      > PAT MILLSGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
                      http://explorer.msn.com

                    • Cecil Stokes
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
                        This looks like good info, but it has too little relationship to my area of research to justify the volume of email traffic it generates. So, please
                        excuse me as I unsubscribe. I would like to hear about the Clouds of Jackson County if such information comes to your attention.

                        Cec

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
                          HI REGINA, DID YOU EVER GET ON THE WEB SITE I SENT YOU?

                        • Turner6554@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
                            I am researching the Mack Harper line. In my research I use the following web
                            site to pull up Jackson County cemeteries. It lists the cemeteries
                            rftalphabetically: http://fly.hiwaay.net/~prm/jcemeteries.html. In the
                            past, I've been able to go to the Jackson county web site, but for some
                            reason, it shows the search machine not working. There you could enter a
                            surname and let the search engine fine the cemeteries. Hope this is useful.
                            Judy Harper

                          • Patricia Mills
                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 24, 2002
                              THANK YOU SO MUCH, HOW NICE.