Chester Allen

  • blackcloud27030
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2014
      Which Chester Allen are you looking for? There were 3 that I have found. Any dates? Birth? Death? Marriage? Wife's name? Your Grandmother's given names?

      Clay
      Moderator
    • musclemustang5
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2014
        my great grand father was Chester Allen, He was in the Skyline Farms String Band. im not sure of any dates  but my grandmother's name is Minnie with two sisters Sis, and Sue. My dad's name is Dennis Allen Clark is it helps any
      • blackcloud27030
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2014
          Chester Lee ALLEN b. 07 Apr 1913 Larkinsville, Jackson Co. AL Son of Ben Allen and Mary McAllister Allen married Vesta Paradise 18 Nov 1937 Madison Co. AL she was dau of Clay and Lee (Peeks) Paradise. Both lived in Gurley, AL at time of marriage.

          Chester Lee Allen d. 04 Nov 1985 Dutton, Jackson Co. AL buried Gold Cem. Skyline Jackson Co. AL.

          Vesta Paradise Allen b. 03 Jan 1916 d. 23 Jan 1984 bur. Gold Cem. Skyline Jackson Co. AL.

          1940 Census Sanders Jackson Co. AL
          Chester Allen Head 26 Mar. born AL Knitter Hosiery Mill
          Vesta Wife 24 Mar. born AL
          Minnie B. Dau age 1 born AL
          Mary E. Dau. age 0 born AL

          Will have more census data later.

          While Chester said this was his first marriage on his marriage Cert. he is listed as mar. at age 15 in 1929 to a Mary on the 1930 Census, they are living with his grandparents Albert E. and Belle McAllester.. On the 1920 Census he is living with his mother Mary and Stepfather Stephen Miller, half sister Jennie B. age 2. From this his father Ben Allen must have died in 1916/17.

          Clay

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2014

            Ben Allen mar. Mary McAllister 19 Sep 1910 Limrock, Jackson Co. AL.

            1920 Larkinsville, Jackson Co. AL
            Miller  Stephens Head 23 TN Teamester Farm (Millard J. Stephens)
            Mary Wife 24 AL
            Jennie B.  Dau 2 AL
            Chester Allen Stepson 6 AL

            1930 Wininger, Jackson Co. AL
            Albert E. McAllester Head 59 mar.@23 MO Farmer
            Belle Wife 51 mar.@16 AL
            Chester Allen Grandson 16 mar.@15 AL
            Mary Allen Granddaughter in Law 18 mar@16 AL

            Mary Eliza (McAllister) Allen Stephens b. 1895 Cumberland Mtn. Jackson Co. AL died 05 Sep 1922 Larkinsville Jackson Co. AL. Father Eugene McAllister. Mother Belle Shelton.

            Albert E. McAllister m. Matilda B.(Belle) Shelton 24 Dec 1893 Jackson Co. AL.

            Matilda Belle (Shelton) McAllister b. 22 Jun 1878 d. 10 Mar 1955 Huntsville, Madison Co. AL, buried Pleasant Grove Cem. Jackson Co. AL, Father Sam (Samuel M.) Shelton . Mother Callie (Sarah Caldonia) Floyd. Samuel M. Shelton was son of William Keep Shelton and Martha "Patsy" (Pace) Shelton. Both Sam and Callie are buried in Gold Cem. Skyline, Jackson Co. AL.

            Albert Eugene McAllister b. 13 Apr 1871 d. 13 Jun 1940 Jackson Co. AL buried Pleasant Grove Cem. Jackson Co. AL.

            Chester Lee ALLEN b. 07 Apr 1913 Larkinsville, Jackson Co. AL Son of Ben Allen and Mary McAllister Allen married Vesta Paradise 18 Nov 1937 Madison Co. AL she was dau of Clay and Lee (Peeks) Paradise. Both lived in Gurley, AL at time of marriage.

            Chester Lee Allen d. 04 Nov 1985 Dutton, Jackson Co. AL buried Gold Cem. Skyline Jackson Co. AL.

            Vesta Paradise Allen b. 03 Jan 1916 d. 23 Jan 1984 bur. Gold Cem. Skyline Jackson Co. AL.

            1940 Census Sanders Jackson Co. AL
            Chester Allen Head 26 Mar. born AL Knitter Hosiery Mill
            Vesta Wife 24 Mar. born AL
            Minnie B. Dau age 1 born AL
            Mary E. Dau. age 0 born AL

            Will have more census data later.

            While Chester said this was his first marriage on his marriage Cert. he is listed as mar. at age 15 in 1929 to a Mary on the 1930 Census, they are living with his grandparents Albert E. and Belle (Shelton) McAllester.. On the 1920 Census he is living with his mother Mary and Stepfather Stephen Miller, half sister Jennie B. age 2. From this his father Ben Allen must have died in 1916/17.

            Clay