Sybil Bishop Hinman

  • Mark Klan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2014
      I thought this group would like to know of Sybil (Bishop) Hinman's passing on March 3, 2014, at age 85. I attended her funeral in Hazel Green, Alabama yesterday. Sybil was my first cousin once removed. She was born at Hollywood, Jackson, Alabama in 1929 to Jones and Evie (Precise) Bishop.

      Sybil was the sweetest woman, and was very helpful to me in my research. Sybil was the co-compiler of "Marriages of Jackson County Alabama: 1871-1876 and 1876-1881", along with Addie K. Stovall Shaver. I believe Sybil was also a co-compiler of the earlier volume as well. She had done a lot of genealogy research the old-fashioned way (in courthouses and libraries).

      I am going to miss her.

      Mark
      P.S. Below info is from http://www.hazelgreenfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Sybil-Hinman/#!/Obituary
      > Obituary for Sybil E. Hinman
      > Sybil Bishop Hinman age 85 of Huntsville, Alabama passed away on 3 March,
      > 2014 at Crestwood Hospital. She is survived by her husband LeRoy "Lee" Hinman,
      > two daughters, Susan Lynn Hinman Clark and LeAnn Elizabeth Hinman, one brother
      > Charles Dawes Bishop (Rachael) of Bonita Springs, Florida.Many nieces,
      > nephews, great nieces and nephews, and great great nieces and nephews. Sybil
      > was born on 25 January 1929 in Hollywood, Alabama. She was preceded in death
      > by her parents Jones Henry and Evie Precise Bishop, two sisters Freida Bishop
      > Stewart and Neta Bishop Grooms and six brothers Jones Howard, Joseph Corbett "J.C.",
      > Fred Anderson, Robert Aubrey, Billy Jack, and Roy Landon "Cotton".
      > A memorial service will be held on Saturday 8 March 2014 at 1:00pm at Hazel
      > Green Funeral Home, Hazel Green, Alabama.
      > Sybil was instrumental in the furtherance of her husband's military career
      > and endured the challenges and separations that such a career demands without
      > complaint. But perhaps her character was best exemplified by successfully
      > raising a special needs daughter to be a happy and healthy adult. She often
      > said that LeAnn was a blessing to her and her husband because she taught them
      > so much about the true meaning of love and life and becoming patient, responsible adults.
    • T'Lene Tillotson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2014
        Thank you for this most touching email. Sybil's dedication to many years of genealogical work has and always will keep her spirit alive in all who knew her and untold numbers of people in generations to come.

        What a special message you have written. The obituary  was lovingly written, as well.

        My deepest sympathy to all.

        T'Lene

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2014
          Re: [jacksongenealogy] Sybil Bishop Hinman Thanks for the note, T'Lene.  I'll mention your remarks the next time I talk to Sybil's husband Lee or their daughter Susan.

          Mark

          3/10/2014 7:30 AM, T'Lene wrote:

          Thank you for this most touching email. Sybil's dedication to many years of genealogical work has and always will keep her spirit alive in all who knew her and untold numbers of people in generations to come.

          What a special message you have written. The obituary  was lovingly written, as well.

          My deepest sympathy to all.

          T'Lene

          On Mar 9, 2014, at 7:31 PM, Mark Klan <mark@...> wrote:

          I thought this group would like to know of Sybil (Bishop) Hinman's passing on March 3, 2014, at age 85. I attended her funeral in Hazel Green, Alabama yesterday. Sybil was my first cousin once removed. She was born at Hollywood, Jackson, Alabama in 1929 to Jones and Evie (Precise) Bishop.

          Sybil was the sweetest woman, and was very helpful to me in my research. Sybil was the co-compiler of "Marriages of Jackson County Alabama: 1871-1876 and 1876-1881", along with Addie K. Stovall Shaver. I believe Sybil was also a co-compiler of the earlier volume as well. She had done a lot of genealogy research the old-fashioned way (in courthouses and libraries).

          I am going to miss her.

          Mark
          P.S. Below info is from
          http://www.hazelgreenfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Sybil-Hinman/#!/Obituary
          > Obituary for Sybil E. Hinman
          > Sybil Bishop Hinman age 85 of Huntsville, Alabama passed away on 3 March,
          > 2014 at Crestwood Hospital. She is survived by her husband LeRoy "Lee" Hinman,
          > two daughters, Susan Lynn Hinman Clark and LeAnn Elizabeth Hinman, one brother
          > Charles Dawes Bishop (Rachael) of Bonita Springs, Florida.Many nieces,
          > nephews, great nieces and nephews, and great great nieces and nephews. Sybil
          > was born on 25 January 1929 in Hollywood, Alabama. She was preceded in death
          > by her parents Jones Henry and Evie Precise Bishop, two sisters Freida Bishop
          > Stewart and Neta Bishop Grooms and six brothers Jones Howard, Joseph Corbett "J.C.",
          > Fred Anderson, Robert Aubrey, Billy Jack, and Roy Landon "Cotton".
          > A memorial service will be held on Saturday 8 March 2014 at 1:00pm at Hazel
          > Green Funeral Home, Hazel Green, Alabama.
          > Sybil was instrumental in the furtherance of her husband's military career
          > and endured the challenges and separations that such a career demands without
          > complaint. But perhaps her character was best exemplified by successfully
          > raising a special needs daughter to be a happy and healthy adult. She often
          > said that LeAnn was a blessing to her and her husband because she taught them
          > so much about the true meaning of love and life and becoming patient, responsible adults.

        • clyde broadway
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11, 2014
            Thank you for this email. I am very sorry for your loss.
            Mrs. Hinman's passing is clearly a loss to us all, and to genealogy researchers in particular.
            She will be missed and long remembered.

            Clyde Broadway

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2014
              Re: [jacksongenealogy] Sybil Bishop Hinman Thanks, Clyde.  I'll pass along your kind thoughts and those of others to the immediate family.

              Mark