Re: [jacksongenealogy] Marriage of James Champion

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2002
      Thanks Ann, that's very helpful. We have purchased Marriage Records of
      Jackson County, Al

      1851-1856 (Jan. 1851-Oct. 1856)

      1859-1871 (Oct. 1859-Feb. 1871)

      1871-1881 (Feb. 1871-Mar. 1881

      Do you know if any marriages after 1881 has been published for Jackson
      County?

      Haven't been able to find any marriage books on Madison County, AL, sure
      wish they were available.

      Thanks a million
      Jewel
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2002
        Looked 1859-1871 Jackson County and didn't find James F. Champion.
        Jewel

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2002
          As far as I know, Jackson County, AL marriages records after 1881 have
          not been published.
          Ann B. Chambless
          abc123@...
        • Raymond Shirley
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 22, 2002
            Thanks Ann for your reply. I'm grasping at straws in an effort to learn
            the surname of Sarah. I guess it will remain one of life's mysteries.

            Ann Chambless wrote:

            >As far as I know, Jackson County, AL marriages records after 1881 have
            >not been published.
            >Ann B. Chambless
            >abc123@...

          • bjbullard
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 22, 2002
              Speaking of surnames, does anyone doing research around Scottboro happen to
              know Joseph GARLAND's wife, Etha Malinda UNKNOWN's maiden name? He is buried
              in Centerpoint Cemetery and she is buried In Golden Cemetery, Golden, Wood
              Co., Texas. He died c. 1887 and she died c. 1903.

              Thank you,
              Bill Bullard