Hibbs Cove

  • Jerry Triplett
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2014
      Greetings.

      Anyone ever heard of Hibbs Cove in Jackson County?  Any idea of its location?

      I think it might be in DeKalb rather than Jackson?  Hard to separate Jackson and DeKalb in some ways.  Anyone know a great deal about DeKalb?

      Jerry T in Chattanooga

    • speell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2014
        Jerry, GNIS doesn't show a Hibbs Cove.

        Anyone ever heard of Hibbs Cove in Jackson County?  Any idea of its location?

        I think it might be in DeKalb rather than Jackson?  Hard to separate Jackson and DeKalb in some ways.  Anyone know a great deal about DeKalb?

        Jerry T in Chattanooga

      • Larry Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2014
          According to one researcher it is in Jackson County where the Lackey family settled.

          --
          Larry G. Williams
          Director, Agrimissions
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2014
            Thanks looking / reply.

            Anyone ever heard of Hibbs Cove in Jackson County?  Any idea of its location?

            I think it might be in DeKalb rather than Jackson?  Hard to separate Jackson and DeKalb in some ways.  Anyone know a great deal about DeKalb?

            Jerry T in Chattanooga

          • Waynette Davis
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18, 2014

              Which Lackeys?

              Interested in a William Lackey Rowan whose parents were James Francis Rowan 1732 and Margaret Thomas 1735.

              Wm Lackey Rowan had a at least one son, Samuel Rowan wo died in De Kalb , Alabama .

              Any connection here with the Lackey name you mentioned....maybe a surname for a grandparent or something.

              You mentioned HIBBs COVE and DE KALB CO.

              Waynette Davis