PEMBERTON

  • Cynthia Robbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2013
      My several times great grandfather was Jennings Pemberton. His wife is listed in the 1860 AL Census as Mary J. In 1844, a Jennings Pemberton married a Mary J. Harris (transcription error/Hanes) according to Ancestry.com. But on several sites, Jennings’ wife’s maiden name is given as Bondurant/Bundren (again, Ancestry.com Family Trees). Am I working with two different families? I would appreciate any help.

    • clswagler
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2013
        There is a Mary J. Bundren Pemberton buried at the Old Baptist Cemetery. No record of Jennings being buried there.