Alexander H. Reid

  • grams46aolcom
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17, 2013

       dragonriders@... writes:
      My ancestor was Alfred's brother Alexander H. Reid (9/12/1804 - 9/9/1892 ).  This family moved from Indiana to Beans Creek, TN, and then on to Estille Fork AL the next year.  This isn't much, but maybe it can give you a place to start.  I have Alexander's line down to the present.>

      from kathy:
      john, i have mary ann houston as alexander's wife.   do you know who her parents were?   i ask because i have houston's in my family also.
      peace from kathy
    • Bob Henshaw
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 19, 2013

        The Hickman Cemetery is on Laveral Green’s property just north of where 65 in Paint Rock Valley turns to go to Huntland, TN.  My mother was one of the Authors of Paint Rock Valley Pioneers and that cemetery is inventoried in that book.

        Do you have information on Alford and Alexander Reid’s siblings.  My great great grandfather was Thomas Hinshaw and we have never been able to figure out who his wife was.  I have a suspicion it was Alexander Reid’s sister but not proof.  In one document I have Thomas son, George Washington Hinshaw called Alexander, old uncle Alexander Reid.

        Help would be appreciated.

        Bob Henshaw

        FPC of Huntsville, Inc

        256 534-7282

        bobh@...

        www.fpchuntsville.com

      • John Green

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 23, 2013
                John, was that Estill Spring, TN or Estill Fork, AL?

                Cuz Bill

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 24, 2013
                  Estille Fork, AL.  My mother and her family lived just down the hill from Prince's Store and across street from the Church on the left (north) side.   The house has been resided and enlarged, but it is still there.  I remember my uncles had a pet goat and a goat cart.

                  John