Re: [jacksongenealogy] VANN / WILLIAMS

  • Brenda McLain
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 27, 2013
      The Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society, in the past had copies of the Paint Rock Baptist Church Minutes for sale. I don't know if they still do or not. At that time, a few years ago, they books were $20.00. If you want to contact them via email   kat@... .  Their website is  http://www.tvgs.org/  and their mailing address is
      Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society
      P. O. Box 1568
      Huntsville, AL 35807

      We currently are publishing original documents from the court houses and other sources for the counties of Madison, Marshall, and Jackson Counties. We continue to maintain an inventory of past publications of Valley Leaves for the nine North Alabama counties that the Tennessee River passes through: Colbert, Franklin, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marshall, and Morgan.
      Brenda Brock.. I am glad you finally found your Williams family! My family is the Blackwell family .. your Mathersy married Peter W. Blackwell.
      Brenda McLain

          Date: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:19 pm ((PDT))

      Hello
      Anyone know of a JESSE VANN?  Am interested in Jesse and any connection to a JOHN-CHRISTIAN/CHRISTINA WILLIAMS in 1820-1850 JA.Co. AL.

      Thank you.

      Brenda

          Date: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:20 pm ((PDT))

      Josiah Stephens (1765-1848)    My 4G Grandfather
      +Nancy Vann (1772-1857)

      William H Stephens (1799-1858)  My 3G Grandfather
      + Sarah Sally Phillips (1798-1849)

      Miles Vann Stephens (1831-1923)  My 2G Grandfather
      + Susan A Roden (1844-1923)
      Felix Marion Stephens (1868-1932)  My Great Grandfather
      + Ann Elizabeth Caldwell (1871-1934)
      Mose Stephens (1895-1931)  My Grandfather
      + Clarice Oleta Brown (1906-1945) m. Feb 14 1925 in Dallas, TX
      Mose Oleta's children:
      Robert Wheeler Stephens (1926-1990)
      Herrin Stephens (1927-1995)
      James Henry Stephens (1929-2011)
      Anita Louise Stephens (1931-1987)    My Mother

      When Mose died in 1931, Oleta was left with 4 children to raise.  Oleta died in 1945 from a sudden stroke.  Robert Wheeler was grown, but Herrin, James and Anita were takenin by relatives.

      Arthur M (Mose' Brother) and Zilliah Campbell Stephens (they never had children of their own) took in Herrin and Anita.
      Nydia Ione Stephens  (Mose' Sister)
      + Jess Roseberry (1906-1989) - Nydia and Jesstook in James.  As far as I know, Nydia and Jess never had children of their own either.

      On Sep 19, 2013, at 2:08 PM, "CULBERSON, SUSAN" <sc1698@...sc1698@...>> wrote:

      Roger,

      You said one of your family lines are the Vanns.

      My connection:
      Nancy Vann (1772-1857) - My 4G Grandmother
      m. Josiah Stephens (1765-1848) My 4G Grandfather

      Their son:  William H Stephens (1799-1858) m. (2nd wife) Sarah-Sally Phillips (1798-1849).  They are listed in the 1850 Census in District 21, Jackson, AL.

      Are you related to this line?  I would appreciate any information for the Vann or Stephens line.

      Messages in this topic (31)

      Thank you for being a member of the Jackson County, Alabama genealogy group.God bless America

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  |Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          jacksongenealogy-normal@yahoogroups.com
          jacksongenealogy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    • Roger Burbank
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 20, 2015

        Yes BLM records are good.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        From:"cagle8185@... [jacksongenealogy]" <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
        Date:Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 10:33 AM
        Subject:Re: [jacksongenealogy] RE: Effects of the Civil War on residents in Jackson County, Alabama.

        Rog, the land patented shows the Mccutchen's in a area in the SE part of the county around the Tennessee River. We are located in the NW corner and I have no info on your group. Look on the BLM records to find the area.

        Bill