Smith, McDonough

  • John Cook
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
      Recently, I've read some information that my ancestor, Eli Smith, had a sister named Serena, and that she married one Wesley F. McDonough. I've seen nothing else which pertains to that; merely the messages posted by one family, and a number of years ago. Does anyone have anything else about this supposed Serena Smith? I do know that James Smith, and his wife Lovy Province, had the children Eli, Narcissa, Bradford, and Rowan.

                                                                                                                    John Cook
    • Ann
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2013
        On 9/25/2013 1:51 AM, John Cook wrote:

        Recently, I've read some information that my ancestor, Eli Smith, had a sister named Serena, and that she married one Wesley F. McDonough. I've seen nothing else which pertains to that; merely the messages posted by one family, and a number of years ago. Does anyone have anything else about this supposed Serena Smith? I do know that James Smith, and his wife Lovy Province, had the children Eli, Narcissa, Bradford, and Rowan.

        The 1840 Jackson County, Alabama, census records provide circumstantial evidence that W. F. McDonough may have married Serena Smith, who was possibly a daughter of James Smith.  In 1840, James Smith had a daughter the right age to be Serena, AND James Smith's next door neighbor was Levi McDonough.   There was a male in the McDonough household who was the right age to be Wesley Farmer McDonough.   Also,  several of James Smith's neighbors (other than the McDonoughs) are known to have moved to Arkansas circa 1845.
        Ann B. Chambless

        .

      • John Cook