Re: NA Sources

  • waccess@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2013
      Unfortunately, I have not been able to find documented NA data that goes back far enough for my Cherokee ancestors, especially for those ancestors that stayed on the East Coast and blended into the white communities. If anyone has any leads for documented Cherokees the 1600-1700s, I'd love to see them.
      I received this link from a cousin, for those of you who can use more recent information. It takes a ton of time to download the files, so don't give up. By the way, there are a lot of Vann families in this information.

      https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=738e6468ef283e92&id=738E6468EF283E92%215828&authkey=!AMvnuZ0Lb7zgFjc=

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Ann wrote:

      > This website may be helpful to many of you:
      >

      > > http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/1835census/index.htm
      > >

      > Ann Chambless

    • gary_bsanders
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013

         Thanks, Clay. My tentative theory is that Phoebe Sanders Lee was married briefly, about 1861, to one of the sons of James Russell Peek and Judy Henson. I think the mysterious Mr. Peek she married almost certainly has to be related to that family.--Gary

        Message 3 of 5 , Sat, 09:55 PM
        Gary

        Yes there was a family named Peek of mixed Cherokee blood in Jackson County. There are some photos of them in the Photos section at the Group Home Website.