Re: [jacksongenealogy] Morris Family

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 17, 2013
      On 9/17/2013 11:52 AM, Waynette Davis wrote:

      Just curious as to what "Morris family" your Cynthia Morris was from?....the
      one who married James Monroe. Waynette

      Cynthia Morris Rosson was the daughter of John H. and Elizabeth (Stepheens) Morris, Sr. who moved from South Carolina to Franklin County, Tennessee, by 1812.
      Ann B. Chambless

    • Roger Burbank
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 20, 2015

        Yes BLM records are good.

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        From:"cagle8185@... [jacksongenealogy]" <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
        Date:Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 10:33 AM
        Subject:Re: [jacksongenealogy] RE: Effects of the Civil War on residents in Jackson County, Alabama.

        Rog, the land patented shows the Mccutchen's in a area in the SE part of the county around the Tennessee River. We are located in the NW corner and I have no info on your group. Look on the BLM records to find the area.

        Bill