Re: [jacksongenealogy] Help with Gentle family research 1900-1905

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2013

      Clinton E. Gentle b. Jan 1859 was a son of William Gentle who was born 1830 in Kentucky

      1860 Federal Census
      District 3, JacksonAlabama
      Wm Gentle 24
      Mary A Gentle 28
      M G Gentle 2
      C E Gentle 1

      1870 Federal Census
      Subdivision 3, Jackson, Alabama
      William Gentle 35
      Mary Gentle 39
      Milton Gentle 12
      Clenton Gentle 11
      Malina Gentle 8
      Flora Gentle 7
      William Gentle 5
      Lewis N Gentle 2
      Ella J Gentle 8/12

      he is living with his uncle on the 1880 census

      1880 Federal Census
      Larkinsville, JacksonAlabama
      Jefferson Gentle 49
      Eliza Jane Gentle 45
      Ellen Gentle 16
      James B. Gentle 10
      Laura B. Gentle 7
      Minnie Gentle 4
      Clinton Gentle 20 (nephew) (AL,KY,AL)

      Clinton's brother Milton married my grandmother's sister Bertha Kennamer.  Clinton's parents William and Mary Ann Bolling (maiden name according to researchers) are buried at Blue Springs Cemetery in Larkinsville and their birth dates and death dates are legible on the stone.

          From: Heidi Peckens

      1. Help with Gentle family research 1900-1905
          Posted by: "Heidi Peckens" heidi@... peckens71
          Date: Fri Sep 6, 2013 2:19 pm ((PDT))

      I am searching formation on the family of Clinton E. Gentle, who lived in
      Jackson county around 1900-1905.

      Clinton is the brother of Malissa Gentle Higginbotham,  wife of P.W.
      Higginbotham.  It is my  understanding from the census records that after
      1905 Clinton left Jackson county and was living in Blount county with
      Melissa and P.W.. He died in 1917 and is buried in Scottsboro.

      Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated! !

      Heidi Peckens

      Messages in this topic (1)

      Thank you for being a member of the Jackson County, Alabama genealogy group.God bless America

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)