Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: GEORGE WASHINGTON HIGGINS who married Nancy Smith in 1814

  • Paula Tarrant
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2 6:50 AM
      Hi Charles.
      Yes, William J. Higgins did have a son named Henry, born in Mississippi
      around 1857.
      Other children were:
      George born in Mississippi 1859
      Margaret S. (my great-grandmother) born in Mississippi 1865 died
      in 1957
      Robert W. born in Alabama 1868
      Mabel born in Alabama 1872
      John Y. born in Alabama 1875
      The 1870 census shows them living in the Big Coon / Fackler Station
      area, very close to William's older sister Margaret Higgins (b.1817 in
      Tennessee), who married Charles Lewis Roach.
      ~~ Paula