Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Civil War Service

  • SUE LONG
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
      THANKS GARY I AM THE GREAT NEICE OF UNCLE BUCK AN AUNT LILLIAN SANDERS WEST,HE MY GRANDMOTHER FLORA MAE WEST SHARP BROTHER, THANKS AGAIN DO U BY CHANCE KNOW WHO HIS FATHER N MOTHER WAS? I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WAS JOHN K WEST AN SARAH MORRIS BUT I HAVE HEARD IT WAS ALSO WILLIAM AN MARGERAT WEST SO I'M NOT SURE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
      SUE SHARP LONG

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
        YES  BUTDONT ASK ME THERE NAMES I WAS SMALL THE LAST TIME I SEEN ENY OF THEM I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THEM MY GRANDPAPA WAS WILLIAM WILLIE HE WENT BY WILL HE MARRIED FLORA MAE WEST HIS FATHER WAS JACOB GB SHARP HIS MOTHER WAS PELINNA J VENABLE. THE PREACHER WILLIAM MANNING AT HENAGER IS MY COUSIN TO HIS MOTHER WAS A SHARP MY DAD NAME IS JAMES WILLIAM LECIL SHARP HE WAS NICKEDNAMED BUDDY MOST PEOPLE KNEW HAS AS BUDDY SHARP WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE WHAT ALL DO U KNOW ABOUT THEM?THANKS .

        Sue are you related to the Sharps in Dutton?

        On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM, SUE <columbu3@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE WINNIGER CEMETERY IS AT SKYLINE ALSO HOW MANY
        > CEMETERIES NAMED SANDERS AN WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED? THANKS SUE (SHARP)LONG
        >
        > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clyde broadway <clydeabroadway@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > The Alabama Archives in Montgomery has some Civil War records. You might
        > be able to find some post war recollections in their papers. I found info
        > re: the 55th Ala. Inf. Reg't there.

        Larry G. Williams
        Co-Director, Agrimissions
        43 Crisp Lane
        Trenton, GA 30752
        (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
        agrimissions.williams@...
        lgwilliams1947@...
        http://agrimissions.com/
        http://themissionsociety.org/

      • gary_bsanders
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2013
          Sue, I feel pretty sure that John William "Uncle Buck" West was the son of William West and Margaret "Maggie" Culver. John William appears in the household of his parents in 1910, as does his sister Ella Ola. In 1940, Ella Ola is living in the household of her brother John William West and sister-in-law Lillian Sanders West, who was the daughter of Pearly Redwine Sanders. The latter was the son of Jesse Sanders who donated the land for the Sanders cemetery at Kyles. William West, the father of "Uncle Buck," was the son of John K. West, who was married first to Amanda Seabolt and then to Sarah Malinda Shelton (her first husband was Thomas Newton Potter).
          --Gary

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...> wrote:

          > THANKS GARY I AM THE GREAT NEICE OF UNCLE BUCK AN AUNT LILLIAN SANDERS WEST,HE MY GRANDMOTHER FLORA MAE WEST SHARP BROTHER, THANKS AGAIN DO U BY CHANCE KNOW WHO HIS FATHER N MOTHER WAS? I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WAS JOHN K WEST AN SARAH MORRIS BUT I HAVE HEARD IT WAS ALSO WILLIAM AN MARGERAT WEST SO I'M NOT SURE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
          > SUE SHARP LONG

        • SUE LONG
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
            U sure did clear up a lot on this family for me THANK U so much, Uncle Buck also had a sister named Flora Mae is my grandmother she the only one I found listed with William an Maggie. I have always been told that Grandpapa JK an both wives had 24 children

            Sue, I feel pretty sure that John William "Uncle Buck" West was the son of William West and Margaret "Maggie" Culver. John William appears in the household of his parents in 1910, as does his sister Ella Ola. In 1940, Ella Ola is living in the household of her brother John William West and sister-in-law Lillian Sanders West, who was the daughter of Pearly Redwine Sanders. The latter was the son of Jesse Sanders who donated the land for the Sanders cemetery at Kyles. William West, the father of "Uncle Buck," was the son of John K. West, who was married first to Amanda Seabolt and then to Sarah Malinda Shelton (her first husband was Thomas Newton Potter). --Gary --- In mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...> wrote: > > THANKS GARY I AM THE GREAT NEICE OF UNCLE BUCK AN AUNT LILLIAN SANDERS WEST,HE MY GRANDMOTHER FLORA MAE WEST SHARP BROTHER, THANKS AGAIN DO U BY CHANCE KNOW WHO HIS FATHER N MOTHER WAS? I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WAS
            JOHN K WEST AN SARAH MORRIS BUT I HAVE HEARD IT WAS ALSO WILLIAM AN MARGERAT WEST SO I'M NOT SURE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.                                           > SUE SHARP LONG > > > ________________________________ > From: gary_bsanders <gbs0010@...> > To: mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com > Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:44 PM > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Civil War Service > >   > > > > Sue, there are at least three Sanders cemeteries in Jackson County. All of them have memorials at Find-A-Grave and they have been transcribed by the late Jane Nichols and posted at RootsWeb. > > Below I have the links for Jane's transcriptions and her directions. > Two of the cemeteries are near Skyline. The smaller of the two is easy to miss if you are not paying attention when you are driving by. The other
            events that lead to the initial conflict. > > > > > > Thanks > > > Jerry Triplett (jrytrplt@) > > > Chattanooga > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >