Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Civil War Service

  • Larry Williams
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 29 7:17 AM
      Sue are you related to the Sharps in Dutton?

      On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM, SUE <columbu3@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE WINNIGER CEMETERY IS AT SKYLINE ALSO HOW MANY
      > CEMETERIES NAMED SANDERS AN WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED? THANKS SUE (SHARP)LONG
      >
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clyde broadway <clydeabroadway@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > The Alabama Archives in Montgomery has some Civil War records. You might
      > be able to find some post war recollections in their papers. I found info
      > re: the 55th Ala. Inf. Reg't there.

      Larry G. Williams
      Co-Director, Agrimissions
      43 Crisp Lane
      Trenton, GA 30752
      (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
      agrimissions.williams@...
      lgwilliams1947@...
      http://agrimissions.com
      http://themissionsociety.org

    • gary_bsanders
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 29 4:44 PM
        Sue, there are at least three Sanders cemeteries in Jackson County. All of them have memorials at Find-A-Grave and they have been transcribed by the late Jane Nichols and posted at RootsWeb.

        Below I have the links for Jane's transcriptions and her directions.
        Two of the cemeteries are near Skyline. The smaller of the two is easy to miss if you are not paying attention when you are driving by. The other one, Sanders Millcreek, is the largest Sanders cemetery, although many people with a different surname are buried there. The third cemetery is on land donated by Jesse Elbert Sanders and consists mainly of the graves of Jesse and his relatives.

        Sanders Skyline Cemetery:
        http://files.usgwarchives.org/al/jackson/cemeteries/sanders3.txt
        This cemetery is located at Skyline on Hwy 79 just past Hill's Building Supply on the right.

        Sanders Cemetery, Skyline (Sanders Millcreek):
        http://files.usgwarchives.org/al/jackson/cemeteries/sanders2.txt
        Take Hwy 79 up Skyline Mountain. Turn left on Rd 116, then left on a dirt road 545, around the dirt road on the right on a hill.

        Sanders Cemetery, Kyles:
        http://files.usgwarchives.org/al/jackson/cemeteries/sanders1.txt
        This cemetery is located in the Kyles community off Hwy 72 N, turn left coming from Scottsboro on RD 33, turn right on RD 32 at Harmony Church, turn right on dirt road in curve, cemetery is on the left in a fence.

        My sister and I visited all three cemeteries in 2007. Are you a Sanders descendant?
        --Gary

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "SUE" <columbu3@...> wrote:

        > I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE WINNIGER CEMETERY IS AT SKYLINE ALSO HOW MANY CEMETERIES NAMED SANDERS AN WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED? THANKS SUE (SHARP)LONG
        >
        > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clyde broadway <clydeabroadway@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Alabama Archives in Montgomery has some Civil War records. You might be able to find some post war recollections in their papers. I found info re: the 55th Ala. Inf. Reg't there.

      • SUE LONG
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
          THANKS GARY I AM THE GREAT NEICE OF UNCLE BUCK AN AUNT LILLIAN SANDERS WEST,HE MY GRANDMOTHER FLORA MAE WEST SHARP BROTHER, THANKS AGAIN DO U BY CHANCE KNOW WHO HIS FATHER N MOTHER WAS? I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WAS JOHN K WEST AN SARAH MORRIS BUT I HAVE HEARD IT WAS ALSO WILLIAM AN MARGERAT WEST SO I'M NOT SURE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
          SUE SHARP LONG

          ________________________________

          --- In mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com, "SUE" <columbu3@...> wrote:

          > I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE WINNIGER CEMETERY IS AT SKYLINE ALSO HOW MANY CEMETERIES NAMED SANDERS AN WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED? THANKS SUE (SHARP)LONG
          >
          > --- In mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com, clyde broadway <clydeabroadway@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Alabama Archives in Montgomery has some Civil War records. You might be able to find some post war recollections in their papers. I found info re: the 55th Ala. Inf. Reg't there.

        • SUE LONG
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
            YES  BUTDONT ASK ME THERE NAMES I WAS SMALL THE LAST TIME I SEEN ENY OF THEM I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THEM MY GRANDPAPA WAS WILLIAM WILLIE HE WENT BY WILL HE MARRIED FLORA MAE WEST HIS FATHER WAS JACOB GB SHARP HIS MOTHER WAS PELINNA J VENABLE. THE PREACHER WILLIAM MANNING AT HENAGER IS MY COUSIN TO HIS MOTHER WAS A SHARP MY DAD NAME IS JAMES WILLIAM LECIL SHARP HE WAS NICKEDNAMED BUDDY MOST PEOPLE KNEW HAS AS BUDDY SHARP WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE WHAT ALL DO U KNOW ABOUT THEM?THANKS .

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2013
              Sue, I feel pretty sure that John William "Uncle Buck" West was the son of William West and Margaret "Maggie" Culver. John William appears in the household of his parents in 1910, as does his sister Ella Ola. In 1940, Ella Ola is living in the household of her brother John William West and sister-in-law Lillian Sanders West, who was the daughter of Pearly Redwine Sanders. The latter was the son of Jesse Sanders who donated the land for the Sanders cemetery at Kyles. William West, the father of "Uncle Buck," was the son of John K. West, who was married first to Amanda Seabolt and then to Sarah Malinda Shelton (her first husband was Thomas Newton Potter).
              --Gary

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, SUE LONG <columbu3@...> wrote:

              > THANKS GARY I AM THE GREAT NEICE OF UNCLE BUCK AN AUNT LILLIAN SANDERS WEST,HE MY GRANDMOTHER FLORA MAE WEST SHARP BROTHER, THANKS AGAIN DO U BY CHANCE KNOW WHO HIS FATHER N MOTHER WAS? I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WAS JOHN K WEST AN SARAH MORRIS BUT I HAVE HEARD IT WAS ALSO WILLIAM AN MARGERAT WEST SO I'M NOT SURE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
              > SUE SHARP LONG

            • SUE LONG
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
                U sure did clear up a lot on this family for me THANK U so much, Uncle Buck also had a sister named Flora Mae is my grandmother she the only one I found listed with William an Maggie. I have always been told that Grandpapa JK an both wives had 24 children