Re: [jacksongenealogy] Sharecroppers

  • clyde broadway
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 7, 2013
      His grandson.

      --- On Fri, 6/7/13, Larry Williams <lgwilliams1947@...> wrote:

      From: Larry Williams <lgwilliams1947@...>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Sharecroppers
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, June 7, 2013, 3:54 PM

      Interesting. are you a descendant of Charles Hunter Broadway?

    • T'Lene Tillotson
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 8, 2013
        I thoroughly enjoy the stories of times gone by. Brings them back to life.
        Many thanks to all.

      • Jewel Casey
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 8, 2013
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 8, 2013
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 8, 2013
              my new address is jcasey@...

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 8, 2013
                how do I change my address to jcasey@...
                I thoroughly enjoy the stories of times gone by. Brings them back to life.
                Many thanks to all.

                On Jun 8, 2013, at 2:29 AM, clyde broadway <clydeabroadway@...> wrote:

                > His grandson.

              • diane.cagle
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 11, 2013
                  About 1950, we went by to check on our old home place (Cagle Place). I was just a kid and remember the sharecropper living in there and farming the land. After we left I ask my Dad why the kids did not have shoes. He said they had shoes but only wore them school. When they came home they took their shoes off so they would not ware them out.

                  Bill Cagle

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 11, 2013
                    That is so true Bill because most of us sharecroppers didn't have enough money left over to buy two or three pair of shoes. We had to have shoes to wear to school and shoes to wear to church, so therefore we didn't shoes to wear around the house to play in or to work in so we had to go barefoot.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 12, 2013
                      I know this may be off subject a little but my dad worked for the railroad so for that time he made fair money. and we had shoes but we just mostly went barefoot when playing. You did not wear shoes in the house at all. If you smoked you went to the back porch to do it. We did not have air conditioning either.