Venable/Sharp/Dudley

  • Karen Venable
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2013
      Hi Everyone, I am working on my Venable family again. Trying to work on the children of some of my ancestors. I have run across a tid-bit of info and can't seem to find any additional records.
      This is what I know. Ezekiel K. Venable and Elizabeth Scott had a daughter named Paulina(Pelina) Jane. Pelina Venable married Jacob G. B. Sharp.
      Pelina and Jacob had a daughter named Sarah A.Sharp. I had noticed on several trees on Ancestry that her death date was 18 Jan 1965. Until today, I had not been able to locate a death record for her at all. When I did, the date others had for her was correct. The record gave her info as b. March 1877 and death as 18 Jan 1965. It also listed a spouse. His name was George Dudley. I have located some records for a George Dudley but I am not sure if he is the correct one. The records for his birth and death are not consistent. 1900 Census age given is 1881, living in the home of his father Thomas Dudley. Alabama death and burial index give the following.b. 1877 death april 11, 1967, father Tom Dudley. Headstone at Goosepond Cemetery give the following info b. Feb. 11 1879 d. Apr. 11, 1969. SS death index ... George Dudley b.1881 d. APR.1967. There is another record for this George , it is on the 1940 Census. He is listed as Brother in law (marital status M) of John Jenkins ,wife Martha . Thus far I located No records that show Sarah and George together. Anyone have anything on these folks ?
      Karen
    • Waynette Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2013
        Do you know about the Dudleys on Dudley's Ridge near Scottsboro ?