RE: [jacksongenealogy] Navy Enlistment Records

  • Jimmie Ryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2013
      Yes, USNR means United States Navy Reserve, the "Reserve" is added to your
      service Jacket if you receive a "Honorable Discharge" from regular USN
      service, like me I had 3 active years and 5 reserve years so my VA is USNR,
      but my Naval Service is USN.

      Could locate only two, cannot help without name, date of birth, city or
      approximate location of the military member - sometimes I just use the last
      name as most of the time the transcription has the first name with either
      there legal name, and many people in the south went by their nicknames or
      middle names (after the Civil War) - so I start my sort their and move
      backwards by using the field "located in" moving from county to county as
      many under-aged enlistees when into the next county where their "Family
      name" was not known, you might even try lower Tennessee, as many of our
      Brazier line in Jackson enlisted in Franklin, Tennessee from Civil War on to
      the modern family in Alabama.

      Hope This helps,

      Jimmie Ryan
      YN2 US Navy
      GGGGrandson of Elijah Brazier b 1775 NC d after 1850 Jackson, Alabama
      (approximate 1857)

      U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 about Dolphus H
      Triplett

      Name: Dolphus H Triplett
      Birth Year: 1926
      Race: White, citizen (White)
      Nativity State or Country: Alabama
      State of Residence: Alabama

      Enlistment Date: 3 Jan 1945
      Enlistment State: Alabama
      Enlistment City: Fort McClellan
      Branch: No branch assignment
      Branch Code: No branch assignment
      Grade: Private
      Grade Code: Private
      Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the
      War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the
      President or otherwise according to law
      Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
      Source: Civil Life

      Education: Grammar school
      Civil Occupation: General farmers
      Marital Status: Single, without dependents
      Height: 00
      Weight: 100

      U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 about Kenneth O
      Triplett

      Name: Kenneth O Triplett
      Birth Year: 1926
      Race: White, citizen (White)
      Nativity State or Country: Florida
      State of Residence: Alabama
      County or City: Calhoun

      Enlistment Date: 21 Dec 1945
      Enlistment State: Alabama
      Enlistment City: Craig Field Selma
      Branch: No branch assignment
      Branch Code: No branch assignment
      Grade: Private First Class
      Grade Code: Private First Class
      Term of Enlistment: One year enlistment
      Component: Regular Army (including Officers,
      Nurses, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men)
      Source: Enlisted Man, Philippine Scout or
      recall to AD of an enlisted man who had been transferred to the ERC

      Education: 4 years of high school
      Civil Occupation: Tinsmiths, coppersmiths, and sheet
      metal workers
      Marital Status: Single, without dependents
      Height: 07
      Weight: 470