RE: [jacksongenealogy] Military Records Navy Records

  • Jimmie Ryan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2013
      You should also be aware that anyone that was discharged at either Fort Ord
      or Pearl Harbor there military records went directly to the NARA in San
      Bruno - where I found my Vietnam service jacket and medical records. This
      could have occurred in other states also; because Vietnam was considered a
      "Police Action" and was never declared a War by Congress, so there were some
      who by-passed the official records center (probably to not have too many
      disability claims after Vietnam) and were instead placed within the older
      military archives of the NPRC - so I would try both if I was looking for any
      form of military records after the Korean War (as some of those records were
      also transferred to the NARA instead of the National Personnel Records
      Center.

      Jimmie Ryan
      YN2 US Navy