Re: [jacksongenealogy] Gattis Family Beech Grove Cem.

  • diane.cagle
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 27, 2013
      What about Richard McCollum?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: blackcloud27030 <blackcloud27030@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Mar 26, 2013 8:09 pm
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Gattis Family Beech Grove Cem.

      Sophia E. Gattis death date, I believe is in error it should be 1/7/1891 she was Newton Jasper Gattis's first wife and didn't marry until 1873. Those old stones are sometimes hard to read.

      Clay

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 28, 2013
        Nicholas,

        Next time I go to Lincoln county library, I'll look him up. This may take a while. I have passed Sarah's name to my other researchers of this line, but haven't heard back yet. Our internet was out all day yesterday.

        John

      • Jewel Casey
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 28, 2013

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 28, 2013
            Not butting in John, Clay and anyone needing help but this may help, confusing? Oh yes, before anyone ask, Isaac GADDIS (the only one listed) 1820 Lincoln County, TN. Please double check my work, I might make errors to make sure you are paying attention, hahaha, just kidding. Jewel

            1 m 26-45, 2 m - 10--
            1 f 26-45,1 f 16-26, 3 f 10-16, 3 f -10

            I have the 1830 Lincoln County, TN census and these are the GATTIS listed, page 223 all living in line as listed:
            GATTIS, Thomas
            210001-01001

            GATTIS, Isaac
            30011001-0022101

            GATTIS, Charles
            100001-1-000001

            GATTIS, James
            000000001-000010001

            GATTIS, Nathaniel
            00001-11001

            Now 1840 Lincoln County, TN

            GATTIS, Charles page 22
            1 m 30-40,1 m 10-15, 1 m 5-10--
            1 f 30-40, 1 f -5, A-3

            GATTIS, Isaac page 23
            1 m 60-70, 1 m 15-20, 2 m 10-15,--
            1 f 50-60,1 f 5-10, A-4

            GATTIS, Thomas page 23
            1 m 40-50, 2 m 15-20, 1 m 10-15, 1 m -5--
            1 f 30-40, 1 f 15-20, 1 f 5-10, A-3

            GATTES, William page 23
            1 m 30-40, 1 m 5-10, 1 m -5--
            1 f 20-30, 1 f 5-10, A-1

            GATTIS, B.W. Page 25
            1 m 20-30,1 m 10-15--
            1 f 20-30,2 f -5, sl-1, A-2

            GATTIS, Nathaniel page 25
            1 m 30-40,--
            1 f 80-90, 1 f 40-50, 1 f 15-20,1 f 10-15, sl-8, A-6, T-1

            Next time I go to Lincoln county library, I'll look him up. This may take a while. I have passed Sarah's name to my other researchers of this line, but haven't heard back yet. Our internet was out all day yesterday.

            John
            On Mar 26, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Nicholas Gattis wrote:

            > John,
            >
            > I had seen your files on the site as well and was wondering if there was any connection. I have no idea either because the trail runs a bit cold at that point. I have only been able to connect the Gattis line to other's trees through James and no one else seems to have any information on him or his descendants. Is there any information in the 1830 census?

          • John Green
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 30, 2013
              Jewel,

              Thanks a lot! It might have taken me weeks to get to it.