Re: [jacksongenealogy] Cems in Doran's Cove, Jackson Co, AL

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 20, 2013
      The most likely place of burial of William J. Rash is the Longacre
      Cemetery located in the heart of the Rash community. There are no
      engraved markers for Rash family members prior to 1931. The 3 earliest
      engraved markers for Rash family members include:
      L. R. Rash, born 1-26-1847, died 7-9-1931; Sarah Jane Rash, born
      7-28-1855, died 11-13-1937; and William A. rash, born 10-25, 1880, died
      7-23-1960. There are many unmarked graves in this cemetery.
      Ann B. Chambless

      On 3/20/2013 7:14 AM, William J. Rash wrote:

      > Clay:
      >
      > Do you happen to know where William Rash, the namesake for Rash,
      > Alabama is buried? Thank you for any information you can provide.
      >
      > William J. Rash
      >

      > Switch to: Text-Only
      > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,
      > Daily Digest
      > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
      > • Unsubscribe
      > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
      > • Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> • Send us Feedback
      > <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1>
      > .

    • blackcloud27030
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 20, 2013
        William

        I could not find any listing for your William  Rash.

        Clay

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 20, 2013
          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 20, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Ann <rabc123@...> wrote:

          > The most likely place of burial of William J. Rash is the Longacre
          > Cemetery located in the heart of the Rash community. There are no
          > engraved markers for Rash family members prior to 1931. The 3 earliest
          > engraved markers for Rash family members include:
          > L. R. Rash, born 1-26-1847, died 7-9-1931; Sarah Jane Rash, born
          > 7-28-1855, died 11-13-1937; and William A. rash, born 10-25, 1880, died
          > 7-23-1960. There are many unmarked graves in this cemetery.
          > Ann B. Chambless
          >
          > On 3/20/2013 7:14 AM, William J. Rash wrote:
          > >
          > > Clay:
          > >
          > > Do you happen to know where William Rash, the namesake for Rash,
          > > Alabama is buried? Thank you for any information you can provide.
          > >
          > > William J. Rash
          > >

          > > Switch to: Text-Only
          > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,
          > > Daily Digest
          > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
          > > • Unsubscribe
          > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
          > > • Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> • Send us Feedback
          > > <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1>
          > > .

        • William J. Rash
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 20, 2013
            Thank you Ann for the information on William Rash (1770-1858).

            William J. Rash

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Mar 20, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Ann <rabc123@...> wrote:

            > The most likely place of burial of William J. Rash is the Longacre
            > Cemetery located in the heart of the Rash community. There are no
            > engraved markers for Rash family members prior to 1931. The 3 earliest
            > engraved markers for Rash family members include:
            > L. R. Rash, born 1-26-1847, died 7-9-1931; Sarah Jane Rash, born
            > 7-28-1855, died 11-13-1937; and William A. rash, born 10-25, 1880, died
            > 7-23-1960. There are many unmarked graves in this cemetery.
            > Ann B. Chambless
            >
            > On 3/20/2013 7:14 AM, William J. Rash wrote:
            > >
            > > Clay:
            > >
            > > Do you happen to know where William Rash, the namesake for Rash,
            > > Alabama is buried? Thank you for any information you can provide.
            > >
            > > William J. Rash
            > >

            > > Switch to: Text-Only
            > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>,
            > > Daily Digest
            > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
            > > • Unsubscribe
            > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
            > > • Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> • Send us Feedback
            > > <mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1>
            > > .

          • William J. Rash
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 20, 2013
              Thank you Clay for your efforts to find the grave of William Rash (1770-1858).

              William J. Rash

              Sent from my iPhone

            • KLinge6131@...
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 20, 2013
                Some information; after the Ridley cemetery was surveyed 1999, a grave
                stone marker was added for Frances Ellen Marshall Ridley, and Baby who died
                1891. She was the first wife of John B Ridley.
                Placed 2001 by Skyline Monument, Scottsboro, Al. There had just been a
                plain stone for her marker for over a hundred years. There was a great interest
                by five of the great grandchildren after it was proven. Kay Lingenfelter

                In a message dated 3/20/2013 3:10:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                blackcloud27030@... writes:

                Jerry

                The Ridley Cem was surveyed by Jane and Randy Nichols in 1999.

                The Ridley Cemetery is located off HWY 117, turn left on County RD 91, the
                cemetery is on the right about 2 1/2 miles. It is grown up and can not be
                seen from the road. This is North of Bass and not in Doran's Cove it looks
                to me.

                My Cemetery Map locates this up in Doran's Cove area but of uncertain
                location, it is apparently wrong. Jane and Randy managed to find it someway.

                Neither the Cemetery Map or the Range and Townships Maps show any cemetery
                on the West of County RD 98 in Doran's Cove.

                We owe so much to Jane and Randy who surveyed so many of Jackson County
                cemeteries. Jane (Talley) Nichols passed away in Nov 2011.

                A new Alabama Cemetery Law was passed in 2007 and went into effect in
                2008. The owners or leasee have the duty to allow reasonable access to the
                cemeteries with notification of the land or lease holders. They can specify the
                route, times etc. You can google Alabama Cemetery Law to read the full law.

                We are slowly but surely losing many of the old family cemeteries for any
                number of reasons logging, farmers removing the tombstones and plowing over
                them, woods growing up over them, etc.

                Clay

                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 5, 2013
                  ARENDALE is aka Irondale that area is behind the old Kmart shopping center in Richard City/aka Midway? South Pittsburg area right across the TN AL state line. Past the old ruins of the Dixie cement plant. The Doran's Cove exit is by the state line too. Doran's area also extends to the Russell Cave area. Very nice for a Sunday drive.

                • diane.cagle
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 6, 2013
                    I remember Oscar Ridley owned the property around Russel Cave before it became famous in the 1950's