King Family of Jackson County, Alabama, with daughter Elizabeth, born 1817

  • gary_bsanders
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
      My great grandfather, Isaac Sanders, married Elizabeth King on September 18, 1836. This date comes from an old family record passed down among his descendants. I assume this marriage occurred in Jackson County, Alabama, because Isaac was living in Jackson County at the time, but it could have been in one of the neighboring counties. Though I have a great deal of information about Isaac, I have nothing on Elizabeth before she married Isaac.

      Isaac had a brother named George W. Sanders who married Anna Johnson in 1833 in Randolph County, North Carolina. The bondman for that wedding was Isham King who married an Annie (or Anna) Sanders. Isham King's son, also named Isham, would later marry Phoebe Emaline Sanders, daughter of Joseph Sanders, Jr.(Isaac's uncle).

      I suspect that Annie Sanders was a sister to Isaac and George Sanders and that Isham King, Sr., and Elizabeth King were brother and sister.

      I am hoping someone here can provide clues or information about the parents of Isham King or Elizabeth King. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
    • Waynette Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
        I can tell you which Elizabeth King in Jackson County, is NOT your relative
        who married Isaac Sanders if that is helpful.

        Elizabeth King dau of Wm King and Sarah ? of Jackson Co Ala., who was born
        in 1825 never married. Good luck in your search.

        Waynette Davis

      • gary_bsanders
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
          Thanks, Waynette, that does help. I have been searching through the 1840 census which lists the following households: Charles King, Elizabeth (apparently an elderly widow), Elijah King, William M. King, William King (who married Sarah), and then Isham King. William M. King appears to be too young to be the father of my Elizabeth, so this would narrow the list to the households of Charles King, Elizabeth King, and Elijah King.